Ultrasone HFI-780 vs Shure SRH-840 vs Philips Citiscape Uptown
May 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NineEleven

Head-Fier
I decided I want one of these headphones .

I want headphones which are : 

I listen to Trance music which is Vocal and Progressive , Metal and Rock and Reggae.

Most Importantly:

Sound Quality / Sound : 

1. For Vocal Trance the Vocals have to be clear and nice in every single way ( In high tones and in medium tones and low tones ).

1. Bass doesnt have to be alot just the perfect amount not too hurt your ears but hear a thump.

1. I listen to alot of Trance so I want the beats to be nice and smooth in high , medium and low . Not that they hurt   your ears once again.

1. No Music Leakage is an important feature.

Portability and Style : 

1. I will listen to music mostly on my computer and cellphone/iPod so I want it to be portable and not bulky . Regarding style as long as it is good to go out with im fine . 

Durability :

1. I want a solid product which hopefully lasts long .

Comfort : 

1. I want a comfy pair of headphones so I can last long listening to music without any problem but at the same time they feel sturdy so If I shake my head they dont fall off.

Preferably :

1. No use of batteries
  2. Noise Cancellation
  3. Detachable Cable
  4. Replacable Cups.

May 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #2 of 8
I feel as if I've seen this before....

Anyways, I've had a good experience with the 780's and they would fit your music preference so I say go with those.

May 24, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 8
I've listened to a pile of Reggae and Goa/Psy Trance with my 780's from my Corsair SP2500, iPod Nano and Clip+. Sounds excellent to my ears driven with a FiiO E11 amp on the nano and clip, that has a bass booster on the side for kickin in the Infected Mushroom tracks. :) (An amp is NOT required, but a lot more fun.)

As far as comfort goes, I don't have any problem with them (2 to 3 hours at a time) but others have posted that they are uncomfortable to wear for extended periods.
A set of velour Beyer pads for the 780's should comfy them up quite nice. (I'll order some with my next purchase of a pair of T50RP's)

I pondered the V-Moda M80's True Blood  version for quite a while before I got the Ultrasone's. The M80's had a lot of great accessories, hard case, dual cables etc BUT they were [size=small]supra-aural [/size]and I wanted circumaural. Then I also looked at the Crossfade LP2... (Out of stock from my supplier...) so I grabbed the Ultrasone's and am very happy with my choice.

YMMV it's all a personal preference experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back