Ultrasone HFI 780 or the Audio Technica ATH-M50? Which one should I get?
Jun 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SmettMark

100+ Head-Fier
I did a lot of research and the ultrasone HFI 780 and the Audio Technica ATH-M50 are the headphones which seem to suit me the best. They are both good, however, I was told in another thread that the Ultrasones cause fatigue after some time of use due to its heavy and boomy sound. Because of this, I was leaning towards the M50s, however, in other threads people mentioned that the ultrasone had better sound quality. Because of this, I honestly dont know which one I should get. Could anyone who has used the ultrasone tell me if the fatigue caused by it is really that bad and makes it worth getting the M50 instead? Something else I wanted to ask, is the isolation in the Ultrasone HFI 780 is as good as the M50? (Meaning people cant hear what music Im listening to)

Jun 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 5
Jun 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #5 of 5
^Oh my gosh. I've been getting pissed off with the endless amount of people posting new threads about recommendations too especially when there's one unifying thread. Thanks for pointing that out!!

Going back on topic, never heard the Ultrasones but the M50s make very good starters and I think lots of people end up keeping theirs even when they get better cans. Do find someone that can give you an opinion on the Ultrasones though.

Good luck and welcome! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back