Ultrasone fans where are you?
May 9, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #31 of 35
Yep. I seem to remember prefering the darker signature as well as the bigger cups. The latter was and is very beneficial to the s-logic thing..at least for me..and ended up doing wonders for the soundstage and imaging.
Than you'd love the Performance 880 with deeper ( thicker ) pads. :) :)

May 12, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #32 of 35
I have owned all the Proline and PRO series offerings from Ultrasone--except the PRO 900i--and currently enjoy the PRO 2900i [which I think are the best of that lineage].

No US distributors of consequence left [?], it seems. I purchased the 2900i from the UK; they were nowhere to be found in the US at the time.

The 900i still seem to be a favorite in musicians' circles.

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #33 of 35
Got my Ultrasone Signature Studios a couple of days ago. I’ve used them as much as possible since getting them. I’ve been waiting for them to burn in before commenting.

I can say I’m extremely happy. They have slowly mellowed and I expect that they’ll continue for some time yet. But they are now reproducing music so effortlessly and smoothly I am comfortable dropping a small note here.

I can just sink into the sounds and enjoy them. Digging deep when I want to hear the little nuances in the music or zoomed out and just letting the whole music flow over me. Though they do punish poorly master tracks.

They handle everything I’ve thrown at them from Infected Museum to Baroque Classics and everything I like in between.

Great set of cans!

May 13, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #34 of 35
Got my Ultrasone Signature Studios a couple of days ago. I’ve used them as much as possible since getting them. I’ve been waiting for them to burn in before commenting.

I can say I’m extremely happy. They have slowly mellowed and I expect that they’ll continue for some time yet. But they are now reproducing music so effortlessly and smoothly I am comfortable dropping a small note here.

I can just sink into the sounds and enjoy them. Digging deep when I want to hear the little nuances in the music or zoomed out and just letting the whole music flow over me. Though they do punish poorly master tracks.

They handle everything I’ve thrown at them from Infected Museum to Baroque Classics and everything I like in between.

Great set of cans!
Congrats. :beerchug:

Have fun and happy listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back