Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Feb 21, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #1,831 of 2,310
SP's officially shipped out for repairs... I asked if they would cover my shipping cost to Germany, but they requested I just mail it to Ultrasone USA and they'll ship it from there, so that was fine. It's a little stressful just because I've had a whole lot of other stuff going on right now, so hopefully they get it figured out and sent back to me quickly.

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #1,833 of 2,310
Quote:
My Proline 550's are just a couple of hours away. Any recommendations for when they get here?

Put on James Blake - Limit To Your Love

L3000.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #1,834 of 2,310
Wow, nice song! I'm impressed with the sound already. Although, i'm not that impressed with the build quality. They upper side creaks when I try to put them on my head. Guess I can't complain since they were only ~100 euros brand new. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #1,835 of 2,310
But even at that given pricepint

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #1,836 of 2,310
But even at that given price point they should not creak when you put them on. They have been much more expensive as they have bee introduced. there are 6 screws visible on the underside of the headband. You might want to check if they are all properly fastened. My PRO 550 which is also the older blue version does not creak at all. And it gets a good dose of daily use and abuse....... 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #1,837 of 2,310
Thanks for the advice. I tightened the screws a little, but it didn't help much. I guess the plastic will wear down in time and it won't creak as much. Do they have metal reinforcement on the inside?

Feb 21, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #1,838 of 2,310
Quote:
Wow, nice song! I'm impressed with the sound already. Although, i'm not that impressed with the build quality. They upper side creaks when I try to put them on my head. Guess I can't complain since they were only ~100 euros brand new. 

Congratz geo...

I'm rockin' the PRO550s today myself...Did you purchase the PROline 550 or PRO550?

Cheers!

Quote:
Which Yamahas are those? They look familiar to some of mine, but aren't *quite* the same.

Where ya at obob...

The Yamis wanted a bit of excitement so I added my tube buffer inbetween to give them a little love....lol...Cheers!

Feb 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #1,839 of 2,310
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I tightened the screws a little, but it didn't help much. I guess the plastic will wear down in time and it won't creak as much. Do they have metal reinforcement on the inside?

Yes they have spring steel reinforcement inside the headband. Else they would not have any pressure on your head.

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #1,840 of 2,310

Congratz geo...

I'm rockin' the PRO550s today myself...Did you purchase the PROline 550 or PRO550?

The older PROline, I already mentionat that in my post above. I doubt I'd be able to get the newer ones for that money. You have no idea how they are to get in my country, especially when you're on a tight budget like me. I've heard the changes are just cosmetic anyways. BTW, is it just me or is the padding on the top kinda uncomfortable? It feels pretty dense in the hand, but I still feel the plastic part when they're on my head, no matter how I place them or how much I pull the cups out.

@pietcux: It makes sense now. Thanks!

LE: Played some crysis 2 and starcraft 2 on these. The soundstage is absoluetely epic.

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #1,842 of 2,310
Quote:

LE: Played some crysis 2 and starcraft 2 on these. The soundstage is absoluetely epic.

Yes they are perfect for gaming. I played the intro of Cysis 3 yesterday. I just love that series, have them all.
I never had any problems with the headband comfort, but your finding has been mentioned in these forum by a few people already.

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #1,843 of 2,310
I'd agree on S-Logic + gaming (or movies) being a fantastic thing. Fallout and The Elder Scrolls with the 2400, 2900, and 900 was/is fantastic. I also very much enjoyed Battleship with the 2900. :)

I'd love to know more about that tube buffer - I've thought about getting one for my own Yamaha, but usually hold off it because it would only work for stereo. But given that my JVC seems to be having increasing issues (gee, it's only ~26), the Yamaha might be my "new" CDP, and then it might just make sense. :xf_eek:

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #1,844 of 2,310
Quote:
I'd love to know more about that tube buffer - I've thought about getting one for my own Yamaha, but usually hold off it because it would only work for stereo. But given that my JVC seems to be having increasing issues (gee, it's only ~26), the Yamaha might be my "new" CDP, and then it might just make sense.
redface.gif

Nice obob...26 and still going...
bigsmile_face.gif

I've had the buffer for a good while...Moved it around through the years but I believe it will stay there...Liking the sound with the CDP and the integrated has a nice headphone out.  That one is a Yaqin CD2, which uses the EF95, 6AK5, 5654..etc..tubes.....There is a CD3 which uses the 6SN7 tubes, however never listened to it, but should be nice given the tubes....

Cheers!

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #1,845 of 2,310
Hmm.. Just got my 2900s :) They are actually really good, so thank you obobskivich for helping me with earlier comparisons with 2400s. Amazing with movies - best soundstage I've heard

One concern I have is I was expecting much greater bass response.. Its not much of a thump and not exactly extended either - its about the same bass thump as my Senn HD650 - is that normal as expected? Also, when I up the bass boost on a FiiO E17 it rattles and can't even take the bass boost. 

I have only burnt them in around 7hrs - maybe need to burn them in more? Or do they just have considerably less bass that Pro900s and I was expecting too much of this phone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back