Ultrasone Edition 9 Impressions Thread
Mar 5, 2007 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Zoide

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm starting this thread in order to collect impressions of the Ultrasone Edition 9. Quite a few people ordered them some time ago, so I was wondering if there was anything new to be shared.

In the spirit of the recent de-big Ultrasone thread-ification, it seems fitting to spawn off a new, to the point thread.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm still wondering why the edition 9 are closed.
I find the 750s have a problem that the 2500 don't have (probably due to the 750s being closed).
I like the 2500s very much, but it makes me very hesitant about the edition 9.

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #3 of 3
Ah, yes. One of the things that intrigues me about the Edition 9 is why Ultrasone chose to make them close. Then again, Sovkiller has explained that they use a very specialized damping, so they shouldn't have the same limitations as the 750 for being closed. At the same time, I assume that if Ultrasone was able to use Ethiopian sheep hair or whatever in the Edition 9, nothing was stopping them from making them open if they wanted to make the ultimate headphone.

But still, it's always been my assumption that all things being equal, open is better than closed. And yet, that doesn't mean that there can't be closed, Tier-1 headphones (Sony R-10, AT-L3000 come to mind).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back