Ultrasone Edition 8
Mar 12, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #1,892 of 2,099
Hi brodjagabr1, that $117 price for the Triple Threat adapters you came up with is not correct unless you do it yourself am guessing. You must choose the mail in option and also the choice of wire you choose can effect the price. For the mail in option it asks for you to email Peter at Double Helix cables first.

You're more than welcome to email Peter with any questions you have about price of anything you maybe considering having done. Will post his email address below.

peter@doublehelixcables.com

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #1,894 of 2,099
I agree with you and have contacted Double Helix about cables although I really hate dumping more money on my Ed 8's without being able to audition the results but that's the game we play with this hobby.     

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #1,896 of 2,099

When I had a pair of edition 8s i certainly didn't find them neutral. I found they had a very recessed midrange. 

Hmmm I think that's exactly what I mean. I didn't mean neutral. They sound recessed to me and the recessed midrange is exactly what I'm hearing. I believe I need to look for something that has a more pronounced midrange, or something more balanced at least.

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #1,897 of 2,099
  Hmmm I think that's exactly what I mean. I didn't mean neutral. They sound recessed to me and the recessed midrange is exactly what I'm hearing. I believe I need to look for something that has a more pronounced midrange, or something more balanced at least.

I found the mids a little recessed too when I owned the Ed8LE (and that was the kind of signature I was looking for then).

Take a look at the Signature Pros if you're looking for a more pronounced midrange within the Ultrasone house-sound.

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #1,898 of 2,099
I have ED8  and D2000. I love the ED8s probably because they are not neutral. Its clarity is superior to the D2000 and bass is plenty. In addition, it is very easy to drive and portable amps are not required. Finally, much smaller. Certainly D200 has more mids, but Ed8 has more bass, highs and it makes me smile. Note that I only listen to rock and old school metal, which work well with both cams.

Mar 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #1,899 of 2,099
The mids are similarly recessed but not as much as a v-moda-m100 for instance.

I always perceive the Ed8 as having an exciting signature and amazing sense of realism at times.

Mar 15, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #1,900 of 2,099
I still say that after all is said and done, if i had just one pair of headphones that i could have for all my uses, the ED8 fits the bill.  It is comfortable, transparent with sparkle and deep bass.  The mids may be slightly recessed but all hp's have their sig and it is a minor issue.  Good for both home and walking around, they never fail to amaze me.  Gotta say i like all the headphones currently in my stable although one of my older pairs is seems to be leaving the music kind of flat for me, probably one of the best balanced not rolled off upper is a little problem- those being the DX1000, they do have great bass and soundstage though.

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #1,901 of 2,099
I still say that after all is said and done, if i had just one pair of headphones that i could have for all my uses, the ED8 fits the bill.
 It is comfortable, transparent with sparkle and deep bass.  The mids may be slightly recessed but all hp's have their sig and it is a minor issue.  Good for both home and walking around, they never fail to amaze me.
 Gotta say i like all the headphones currently in my stable although one of my older pairs is seems to be leaving the music kind of flat for me, probably one of the best balanced not rolled off upper is a little problem- those being the DX1000, they do have great bass and soundstage though.

You should try the w3000anv with AlphaPads :)

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #1,905 of 2,099
Hi everyone, Peter at Double Helix cables just sent me some pics of the new headphone cable he has built for me and thought would post them below.

If anyone has any questions for Peter at Double Helix cables you are more than welcome to email him at the address provided below.

doublehelixcables@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back