ultrasone 780 vs audiotechina m50 vs shure 840
Jan 5, 2013 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

sakana420

New Head-Fier
i listen to pop , r&b, hip hop, rap. some trance and alternative but mostly the first four. im looking for something with a lil bass but more SQ. i will be using a ipod or my iphone 5 .i dont mind buying a fiio amp. the one i was looking at was about 30 dollars.

i listened to the shures it has very good sq and sounds good for vocals but it was a lil heavy n not that comfortable would the amp help out the bass or not really

the 50 are good for hip hop  n rap but the vocals werent there but were pretty comfortable

can anyone tell me about the ultrasone 780 and how they compare to the other two

im guessing mot people will say shures are the first pick and will the amp help out the bass a lot or a lil , what better out of the other two.??? i notice a lot of people rage about the m50 are they that good

i know i have a similar post but i really want to buy the right pair so i want to hear more. i know that everyone has different ears but let me know what your opinions are . thank you head fi members

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 13
The Ultrasones are probably the best for your tastes. The new M50 and the Shure are quite bass light and I don't consider either to be amazingly comfortable.

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:
I'm was asking about the ultrasone 780 how are the sq on those compared to the m50

I have the Ultrasone HFI-780's, they're pretty comfortable once you bend the band a bit and some use. They are kind of tight when you first get them, but they only get more comfortable. I can wear them for several hours. (I've worn them for ~8 hours straight without any discomfort) From what I've heard they're much more comfortable than the M50's. 

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #9 of 13
thanks for all your input . no one is answering my main question what has better SOUND QUALITY between the two 780 or the m50 . im going to use it for rnb , pop, rap and hip hop

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
thanks for all your input . no one is answering my main question what has better SOUND QUALITY between the two 780 or the m50 . im going to use it for rnb , pop, rap and hip hop

I'd pick DT770s over both of them. If you had to force me I'd got for the M50. Don't like the treble on Ultrasones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back