Ultrasone 750 or Beyer 770
Oct 21, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 11

Tiemen

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Posts
3,170
Likes
44
Location
Winschoten, The Netherlands
Which Beyer DT770? Consumer edition?
Or pro edition, and then, which Pro version?
 
Oct 21, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 11

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 21, 2008
Posts
180
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which Beyer DT770? Consumer edition?
Or pro edition, and then, which Pro version?



Beyer DT770 pro 250 Ohm.. how would that compare to Denon D2000 and Ultrasone 750? Bass wise..
 
Oct 21, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 11

Tiemen

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Posts
3,170
Likes
44
Location
Winschoten, The Netherlands
Why the DT770 pro 250 ohm? Most here have the pro 80 ohm.
But the regular version is the consumer premiumline edition 2005, which is also 250 ohm. I had the consumer edtition, the pro 80 ohm and the Denon D2000.
From those three the DT770/80 has the hardest hitting bass, but also the least integrated. The DT770 consumer is the most basslight, but the quality is the best, good detailed and tight bass.
The D2000 is full, but also a bit fat, slow and undefined. But that could be due to underamping with my gear.
So, the DT770 consumer edtion has the best quality bass,
the DT770/80 Pro and D2000 the most quantity.
 
Oct 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #5 of 11

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 21, 2008
Posts
180
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why the DT770 pro 250 ohm? Most here have the pro 80 ohm.
But the regular version is the consumer premiumline edition 2005, which is also 250 ohm. I had the consumer edtition, the pro 80 ohm and the Denon D2000.
From those three the DT770/80 has the hardest hitting bass, but also the least integrated. The DT770 consumer is the most basslight, but the quality is the best, good detailed and tight bass.
The D2000 is full, but also a bit fat, slow and undefined. But that could be due to underamping with my gear.
So, the DT770 consumer edtion has the best quality bass,
the DT770/80 Pro and D2000 the most quantity.



Hmm ic, thanks.. soo im guessing out of consumer, 80 and Denon, the 80 or denon would deliver more heavy intense bottomless bass? something similar from what you would hear from a sub hitting low frequencys? and the consumer is short, punchy, well defined.. soo from the Denon and the 80 which would you recommend for deep bottomless bass, are they distorted?, or correct me if im getin it all wrong.. thanks again
 
Oct 21, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 11

Tiemen

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Posts
3,170
Likes
44
Location
Winschoten, The Netherlands
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm ic, thanks.. soo im guessing out of consumer, 80 and Denon, the 80 or denon would deliver more heavy intense bottomless bass? something similar from what you would hear from a sub hitting low frequencys? and the consumer is short, punchy, well defined.. soo from the Denon and the 80 which would you recommend for deep bottomless bass, are they distorted?, or correct me if im getin it all wrong.. thanks again


None of the mentioned basses ar distorted.
From the D2000 and the DT770/80 pro, I liked the DT770/80 pro bass the best with my music, which is pop, rock and americana.
But it depends much on what kind of music you are listening to, and with what gear you are playing the music.
I hope others can give more advice and compare with the Ultrasone 750.
 
Oct 21, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #7 of 11

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 21, 2008
Posts
180
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
None of the mentioned basses ar distorted.
From the D2000 and the DT770/80 pro, I liked the DT770/80 pro bass the best with my music, which is pop, rock and americana.
But it depends much on what kind of music you are listening to, and with what gear you are playing the music.
I hope others can give more advice and compare with the Ultrasone 750.



i guess ill just be looking at DT770/80 pro vs 750.. i run my music on a cowon d2, 74MW amp.. but ill decide amp once i buy headphone first.. if needed, i listen to..techno, hardstyle, abit of rock, pop i guess, theyre mostly bass filled im just looking for something that can deliver heavy "intense" bass that you can feel.. I hope the bass on these wont be TOO much worse than the high end ps-1, L300, Ed.9 ect.. Thanks again
wink_face.gif
 
Oct 22, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #8 of 11

Tiemen

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Posts
3,170
Likes
44
Location
Winschoten, The Netherlands
Nov 14, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #9 of 11

uraflit

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 16, 2006
Posts
2,945
Likes
14
im pretty sure the dt770pro-80 ohm would satisfy you just as much as any other top tier headphones

the 250 ohm has reportedly even MORE bass, but running it out of a D2 is kinda weak.
 
Nov 14, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #10 of 11

member1982

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Posts
1,380
Likes
21
DT770Pro would have more bass than the Pro 750s, i found the Pro 750s to be perfect in bass just enough not overpowering other details. Or sound too heavy.
 
Nov 14, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #11 of 11

solessthanthree

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Posts
208
Likes
10
Seeing as you're a new member like myself, I wonder if this your first set of 'phones. Just as a caveat, you might want to consider an amp if you're looking for bass, especially. I purchased the DT770 consumer editions and found out my Zero isn't actually powerful enough to drive them so I'm going to have to end up selling them :[ Anyways, just a side note if cost is a factor, maybe incorporate that extra cost :]
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top