Ultrasone 2200 vs 2500?
Mar 2, 2011 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hellomoto170

Head-Fier
hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and in all honesty new to headphones in general - I am certainly not an audiophile but my interest and knowledge is growing!

basically I am a complete amateur, I've never owned any headphones and the only earphones I've had have been Sennheiser CX 300 II's and 400 II's (only because the 400's were just £13 on Amazon, and the 300 II's broke so I got them as a replacement!) and I've also got a pair of Goldring mx 200's I think they're called, which I actually kind of prefer over the CX 400's.

So that should give an idea, nothing remotely high end! I now want to make my first real investment and at first (forgive me) I almost purchased the Dr Dre Studio's... They looked good, and I had heard that they sounded good, but I decided to do some research and basically opened my eyes to the world of headphones.

I have a budget of £300 and I honestly don't know what to buy. I want the best possible sound quality, I listen to such a variety of music it makes it difficult to explain just what I am looking for. For example, I listen to Linkin Park and I like a bit of drum and bass like Pendulum... But then I also like Rap!

Recently I came across the Ultrasone HFI 2200's which I really like in terms of appearance. They are an open design which means they will leak sound from what I understand, but I don't really listen too loud... On an Iphone I would say I listen with the volume bar at 50%, not very loud. Would they still leak a lot?

Then I saw the Ultrasone 2500's which are also under the £300 mark and I believe are better? 
Could you kindly give me the pro's and con's of both these, I just want some good headphones for home use from my iphone and computer, I don't have an amp if that helps, and yeah that's about it!

I really like the look of Ultrasone's especially the 2200 but the 2500 apparently are better, and if you can recommend another make I am very flexible and will listen, I',m not only looking for Ultrasone's necessarily although I do like them.

Thanks very much in advance guys! (sorry if i've missed something obvious or contradicted myself, I typed this very quicky!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back