Ultra-portable open headphones
May 1, 2015 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ib1dance

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I haven’t been reading the forums for a while. I'm interested if there has been any development in the ultra-portable line of headphones. By ultra-portable I'm referring to headphones like sennheiser px-100 II's & Ultrasone HFI-15G's etc.

# open back.
# Light weight.
# low form factor.
# stay on the head when moving dynamically.

Thanks

May 2, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 3
Budgets not currently a issue with ultra portables as all I have seen to date a comparably inexpensive. Though I'd pay handsomely for a improved version of the sennheiser px100's II. Better components,smoother more tactile ear padding, wireless ( Micro technology allows the player to be integrated into the headphones  head band, whilst only marginally increasing net weight)  and USB combined with solar powered , charging :) .(Hehe - maybe one day)

Sennheiser px100 II's have a audio quality that seems to favour or be more matched to my ears preferred audio signature. Partly because I have used them so often, thus adapted to there unique signature . For example, I prefer headphones like the Senn's as they place the speaker comparably very close to the ear,unlike many Large headphones.

A good test of any headphone is how long can you wear them  before listening fatigue represses the enjoyment of the music.

Providing I choose my music intelligently and adjust the volume in order to prevent ear strain I can listen to music on the Senn's from morning to night.

The bass is compact and very well defined, which for me is a fundamental for prolonged listening pleasure. Especially whilst listening to the rhythmically rich music genres like deep or progressive house. It's a simple design that can reproduce that complexity and interwoven tapestry of today’s music.
 However,technology is produced by living things (that be humans of course) and as the living thingy me blobs evolve consciously,  as does it's technological understanding.

Sounds too good to be true as far as the possibilities of future headphone development go :). But headphone manufactures and buyers do not live in a ecologically void bubble and should encourage manufacturers to make headphones out of  recyclable/more durable or replaceable components. I'd like the opportunity to buy new headphones to continue sustainably and not have there disused parts washed up as pollution on a beach.

Evidenced based research >> https://www.sciencenews.org/article/calcium-offers-clues-mass-extinction

“The worst biodiversity catastrophe we've had in the history of animal life appears to have been associated with ocean acidification and other kinds of environmental changes we anticipate in the coming centuries,” says Jonathan Payne, a paleobiologist at Stanford University. "

No apologise for going off topic as it's a fundamental to the future development of development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back