Ultimate headphones?
Sep 1, 2013 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

miziq

100+ Head-Fier
Far out concept:

DIGIFI is a high-fidelity audio symposium targeting 20 to 30 year olds, meant to revitalize interest and celebrate the future of spacial audio in home, vehicles, and at events. Those who attend DIGIFI and agree with its cause are called Audionauts. Audionauts are explorers of the mental deep-space who are on a life-long quest in search of a particular feeling they once knew. Each and every song that makes an impression on us also records a moment or vibe in our lives that was of a particular way. May it be meeting her for the first time, watching a beautiful movie you wish you could be a part of, or an incredible, live, performance you wished you’d gone to. The reason why we go back to these songs is so that we can feel within us that very same excitement we did or could have when the memory was recorded in the first place. The better the sound, the more vivid the memory thus begins the epic search for higher fidelity audio.

Read more ...

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/09/audionauts-helmet.html

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 9
How heavy is that thing? And you practically can't do anything while you use it...

Would be hella amazing with perfected Oculus Rift though if it deliver.

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #6 of 9
That looks awesome! I wonder if you can lay down while using it..

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #7 of 9
Looks like the guy is getting a CAT scan.

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #8 of 9
It should be set-up like those things in a salon - it has a stand and you just lower that onto your head. Otherwise, it looks like a sarcastic joke. Just try hanging raw drivers on your head, then imagine the kind of helmet chassis that can be stable enough for those drivers. Also, while you won't crank that up enough to disturb the neighbors (unless you live in a crappy suburban apartment made out of thin plywood), it'll probably be loud enough to disturb your roommate.

And what's the point of putting the drivers there smack outside the ears when even headphone chassis are positioning them forward with a toe-in? (K701, HD800, T1...heck, K1000)

Sep 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #9 of 9
The only time I'd even THINK of suffocating myself in that thing is if there's some kind of 360-degree spherical display inside...which there isn't.

No thanks. I'll just take an Oculus Rift (whenever the consumer variant's ready) and an MA900 or Stax.

Quote:
And what's the point of putting the drivers there smack outside the ears when even headphone chassis are positioning them forward with a toe-in? (K701, HD800, T1...heck, K1000)

Don't forget the SR-Sigma and PFR-V1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back