Ultimate Ears?
Apr 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Boosh96

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for reasonably priced entry-level audiophile earphones, and in that search I've stumbled upon the brand Ultimate Ears. Are UE earphones good for listening to classic rock? Are they even that good? I'm asking that because, while they make it seem like they have great earphones, something about the marketing seems sort of "Beats-esque," ya know? I'm just curious and of course I'm open to opinions. Thanks!

Apr 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 6
Ultimate Ears is now a Logitech company, which may mean something about their "Beats-esque" marketing nowadays in their consumer line of headphones. However, they've been one of the well-regarded audio brand in the audiophile community. Granted, you could get something that sounds better for the same price, especially the entry-level or mid-fi price. But their halo products (eg. UE900's, custom IEMs) are really competitive in the same price region. Also, they have their own sound signature, just as any other brand, and whether will you like that it's up to you. Good luck :D

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 6
Ultimate Ears is now owned by Logitech, so that's where the marketing is coming from.  They do make well-respected products though.  I personally haven't heard the UE 600 though, only the UE 900 and UE 500.  The 500s are bass-head IEMs while the UE 900 slowly turns neutral on you.  The UE 600 measures like a neutral phone with no resonance peak.  So vocals and upper-midrange instrumentals may not be as lively as they should.  This, of course, is speculation though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back