Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Aug 19, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #271 of 811

I agree. I am not an owner, but I do feel that these pair of IEMs deserve more widespread attention that it does right now. I spoke to the people at UE about 1-2 months ago, and theres something in the works to help give other head-fiers more context for the UERR, so stay tune.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wouldn't say that they are not well educated, its more of the information regarding the UERR is rather limited compared to other offerings from other companies, making it harder for them to convince themselves that the UERR is the right option for them.

True - UE are the ones who can easily show the real numbers and comparisons with the other products on the market, proving that UERR is the real deal.

There is too little information around by the company itself about this product. Not everyone can just buy all the flagships, compare them on his own and hear the difference :wink:

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #272 of 811

True - UE are the ones who can easily show the real numbers and comparisons with the other products on the market, proving that UERR is the real deal.

There is too little information around by the company itself about this product. Not everyone can just buy all the flagships, compare them on his own and hear the difference :wink:

UE has done some amazing videos to promote the UERR and has a few giveaways for these already. I believe there are already a few reviews out there but it wouldn't hurt if more users come out to talk about it, good or bad. As long as it helps others make an informed decision.
gs1000.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #275 of 811

Hmm, that's news to me!  
smile.gif

Here's the thing, the UERR isn't just an extension or an evolution of the UERM.  I mean, yes, it is that to a certain degree, but it's more than that.  There is a specific set of sonic goals that the UERM and UERR could work to achieve, together.

For those who enjoy woodworking or do an occasional bit of carpentry, think of them as different saw blades/teeth.  Both do the same, but each is slightly better suited to a particular way of - actually, I'ma stop right here as I'm not sure how much of this I should be saying at this point.

I'll simply finish with this for now... I personally feel that, in order to take my critical listening skills to the next level, I will most likely need both the UERM and the UERR... and that using them in conjunction will give me a better insight into the music than either one alone.

I recently had the opportunity to listen to the universal demo of the UERR. Never having owned either cIEM, I was curious to how it would differ to my memory of the UERM. Not having both on hand, i could only work from emotionally induced memory of the UERM, which I had heard two years prior.

That being said, emotionally, I remember the UERM having had a stronger impact than the UERR when i listened to it. I remember the UERM sounding clearer, more extended treble, airyness and having a more holographic soundstage, which at the time brought a tear to my eye. Suffice to say, remembering the UERM, i preferred the UERM over the UERR.
The UERR in contrast still sounded nice, but didn't 'feel' as special as the UERM from memory.

I am really not sure whether the differences between them are really drastic or my impression is simply highly tainted by my experiences in the intervening years and my current daily driver (which i didn't have at the time of listening to the UERM), the ER4s, giving me a distorted look of how high extension can be. Because to me the UERR when directly comparing them, did not offer any substantial (if any) improvement in terms of top extension and clarity versus my ER4s.

This is relevant to me, as I always planned the UERM to be my first and main (c)IEM. But now hearing the UERR vs the ER4s, I am a bit disillusioned at confused.

Could somebody comment on these experiences?

Aug 24, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #276 of 811
The UERR and UERM do sound quite different due to the RR having shelved down treble in comparison to the RM. The RR sounds more midcentric to me and slightly bassier due to the treble differences. I would say the RR treble, although shelved down, is more linear and more extended than the RM~ to about 18k, whereas the RM is to about 16k or so.

Aug 24, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #277 of 811
The UERR and UERM do sound quite different due to the RR having shelved down treble in comparison to the RM. The RR sounds more midcentric to me and slightly bassier due to the treble differences. I would say the RR treble, although shelved down, is more linear and more extended than the RM~ to about 18k, whereas the RM is to about 16k or so.

Thanks mate, I just read one of your previous posts saying smth. similar.

It could be that reduction in treble might have lead to my impression of less immediate clarity and (subsequent) wow. I just did not expect the difference be this drastic, as the UERR almost falls into my impression of warm. 
Yet I also did not feel that degree of improved treble extension.

Yet this does not explain my feeling of larger and more expansive soundstage...

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #279 of 811
The RM feels airier and wider to me. The RR feels more upfront and intimate.

Edit: I'll add that the ER-4S seems even more forward and smaller in comparison to either.

I had the same impression.
This is why I am somewhat tempted to track down and reshell an UERM, simply because I feel it improves better on the points I want to upgrade on my ER4s.

Aug 25, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #280 of 811
For those that may be reading the thread and read that most all prefer the UERM's signature, I will say that I personally enjoy the sound of the UERR more than the times when I listened to the UERM.  The UERM to me was too flat-neutral sounding (I have said this multiple times in multiple threads over the years), and the UERR is more to my preferred sound compared to the UERM.  Also, the reference sound to my ears is relative as well, as I feel the UERM is more akin to the sound of the Etymotic ER4SR and the UERR is more akin to the sound of the Layla (at around 12-2pm bass pot setting).

Aug 27, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #281 of 811

The uerr sounds more interesting to me for the toned down treble and better mids, but the uerm sounds more appealing for the more neutral bass response and wider soundstage.... I will wait for more reviews but I'm leaning on the uerr

Aug 27, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #282 of 811
The uerr sounds more interesting to me for the toned down treble and better mids, but the uerm sounds more appealing for the more neutral bass response and wider soundstage.... I will wait for more reviews but I'm leaning on the uerr

I suspect bass levels are actually very similar, it's just the the UERR having less treble gives it the perception of a hair more bass.

Aug 28, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #283 of 811
I don't have experience with the RM but with my RR I feel that the treble is just right. It's exceptionally clear while never being harsh even at high volumes, I find that hard to achieve for most earphones but somehow the RR balances that with ease. I do wish the soundstage was larger and bass to be a tad more boosted but it is really exceptional in the mid and high regions.

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #284 of 811
Welcome me to the club fellow head-fiers!
I just received mine UERR, what can I say?its neutral velvety, easy to drive, but with good amp and source it rewards you, and I feel it's pretty good)
Will post my impressions a bit later, but right now i can come up with one phrase - velvety.
Cheers!

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #285 of 811
Can anybody upload here a picture of nozzle on your originally molded by ultimate ears UERR?? I want to make sure I have the same thing, because mine were reshelled,and I want to make sure sound is not affected by reshell.
Thnkx in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back