Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Jan 29, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #137 of 811
Early impressions: perfect fit and completely unremarkable on first listen (in a good way).

Compared to UERM: bass has been extended with similar overall impact, mids are seemingly identical, treble seems to have been tamed a little and possibly extended. Technical aspects like resolution and imaging seem very close to how I remember UERM.

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #138 of 811
  Could you please elaborate if you can? In which areas is UERR better? Not as good? In terms of transparency and resolution, how do they compare? Thank you

Layla suffer from significant signature changes when different amping used. UERM stays within -/+ 5% mostly the same from various amps and for my taste still reference sounding. Layla is either too dark or too bright, not easy to find the balance. Anyway Layla still wins with the soundstage size and 12 drivers just can't be beaten with 3 drivers in terms of details and resolution. So I ended up with using both on regular daily basis :wink:
+ the variable bass settings are still win win for Layla

Layla
AK240 : dark, but not fatiguing, good for longer listening, but missing the sparkle here
AK240 + Vorzuge Pure II+ : bright, some really unnecessary sibilance occur, but powerful and balanced
AK240 + FiiO E12A : bright, but not too much sibilance, also powerful and balanced - this setup I found best for my ears
Mojo : missing some bass punch, bright, sibilance
Macbook Pro 15 Pro Retina 2015 headphone out : very similar to Mojo but more powerful bass. I'm pretty surprised with Layla there, where others just sound thin and not revealing

UERR
AK240 : very little on the dark side, but still considerable as reference signature
AK240 + Vorzuge Pure II+ : reference
Mojo : reference
Macbook Pro 15 Pro Retina 2015 headphone out : missing some bottom end, but rest of the spectrum still impressive
Macbook Pro 15 Pro Retina 2015 + FiiO E12A : wow, this sound powerful and revealing, can't say anything bad about it

(btw Apple did some great job here with their DAC/AMP line out integrated on the logic board)

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #140 of 811

Layla
Mojo : missing some bass punch, bright, sibilance
Macbook Pro 15 Pro Retina 2015 headphone out : very similar to Mojo but more powerful bass. I'm pretty surprised with Layla there, where others just sound thin and not revealing

(btw Apple did some great job here with their DAC/AMP line out integrated on the logic board)

Are you saying that for JH Layla you prefer the MBP to the Mojo?

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #141 of 811

Are you saying that for JH Layla you prefer the MBP to the Mojo?

No.. Just said it has more bass amount and sound very good compared to other iems/ciems directly from MBP. Mojo is different level, I was describing only sound signature there.
Anyway latest MBP paired with Layla is really impressive.

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #142 of 811
No.. Just said it has more bass amount and sound very good compared to other iems/ciems directly from MBP. Mojo is different level, I was describing only sound signature there.
Anyway latest MBP paired with Layla is really impressive.
Hi, John. Have you heard SE846? I was considering SE846. If you have heard it, can you please provide a little comparison against UERR? I would very appreciate that!

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #143 of 811
Hey All, 

We just profiled our new dealer FirstLive CoffeHouse. in Bushwick Brooklyn. Stop on in! They have a full UE listening station for all your Demo needs. 
Check out their profile on UE University here: http://ultmt.rs/1TrJeGr

Stay Hi to Danny Garcia when you stop in! 

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #145 of 811
Got mine but had to immedietely send back for a resetup. The left ear rattled and caused increased microphonics when I walked. The sound itself was 'meh' and I dont believe I was hearing it as it should be. It did sound much better through the fiio E12a. Hopefully I'll get them back soon with improvements.

Neil

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #148 of 811
Hey Everyone: This week, Kevin Becka included UE Pro in his roundup of “Problem Solvers.”

He starts the article by saying, “It’s great when you find things that make your life easier, things that become such a part of your day-to-day world that it’s hard to think of your life without them.” He goes on to include UE Pro Reference Remastered and the digital scanning as examples of “problem solvers.” Regarding the UERR, he wrote, “Their new UE Pro Reference Remastered high-resolution IEMs created in collaboration with Capitol Studios are incredibly good. The new drivers blow the lid off the bandwidth, both high and low, from their first iteration.”

http://www.mixonline.com/blog/tech-talk/problem-solvers/426862#sthash.JnuAAB5c.dpuf

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #149 of 811
Any discount for UERR now? Does UE keeps ear impression if done in 2012 April?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back