Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Nov 23, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #64 of 811
I sent an email to UE US sale today to ask if there would be a Black Friday sale, and I just got the reply and " Check in with our instagram account tomorrow and let me know what you think:)-- John" 
It looks like UE is going to have a Black Friday Sale this week.

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #66 of 811
OMG!!! Same price as previous UERM... I am waiting the failure happen to my UERM. I have been using it daily since 1st May 2012..

The currency of USD now is really a pain!

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #67 of 811
I believe this new model would be bass extension better than UERM. The UERM suffers in double bass instrumentation/other area similar to double bass sound. Hardly hear it when there are a lot sound mixed together.

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #68 of 811
Can UE confirm if current UERM users would be able to upgrade to this new model?

Yape! I would like to know that too 
popcorn.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #69 of 811
Can UE confirm if current UERM users would be able to upgrade to this new model?

The new model will be available for sale to everyone in due course

Unless what you are really asking is if you may have a free upgrade just because :wink:

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #70 of 811
The new model will be available for sale to everyone in due course

Unless what you are really asking is if you may have a free upgrade just because :wink:

Don't recall myself ever asking for a free upgrade. But rather asking if an upgrade option would be possible. Nothing in this world is ever free. :)

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #71 of 811
Hot on the heels of the UERR announcement!

Ultimate Ears is celebrating 20 years of manufacturing in-ear monitors with The ULTIMATE Experience Sweepstakes.

Win an ULTIMATE hi-res listening experience with a pair of UE Pro Reference Remastered in-ear monitors and a trip to Capitol Studios in Hollywood, CA. Enter to win >> http://ultmt.rs/UEPRO20

Must be at least 18 years of age. No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes ends 12/16/15 at 11:59pm. Rules & Regulations can be found at >> http://ultmt.rs/UE20Rules

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #72 of 811
I believe this new model would be bass extension better than UERM. The UERM suffers in double bass instrumentation/other area similar to double bass sound. Hardly hear it when there are a lot sound mixed together.

What makes you say that?

Same bass driver. There's no indication the bass is any different.

If you didn't like it (I also found the uerm to have roll-off in the bass), then the new one likely won't be for you. We'll have to see if there's improvement when people get a chance to hear it.

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #75 of 811
What I should realize is that so-called tainted opinion of Capital is 45-years out of date and I should get over it. All the reasons why I disliked Capital are gone. But that red label with Capital at the bottom or the black label with the rainbow perimeter brings back memories of recordings that could be bested by imports. . .even collecting music has changed. 

Damn, I'm old!

I resemble that remark.
To add, the original part of this thread addressed this issue specifically. With HiDef digital distribution, we no longer need to concern ourselves with inferior dubs, pressing or limited distribution. There may still be something to be said for servers and downsampling algorithms etc. but that's splitting hairs by comparison and a non-issue on most kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back