Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Nov 28, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #361 of 811
Hey Everyone. 

Wanted to give you the heads up on the UE Black Friday Cyber Monday deal. 

Buy a UE CIEM and get UE Boom 2 or UE MegaBoom free! 

Every UE 5 Pro or UE 7 Pro gets a FREE Tropical UE BOOM 2.
Every UE 11 ProUE 18 Pro, or UE RR gets a FREE Electric Blue UE MEGABOOM.

The free gift will automatically be added at shipment.
This offer is only valid for a limited time, while supplies last. Terms & Conditions apply. 

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #362 of 811
There was a giveaway for the UERR

link is from twister's review http://www.head-fi.org/products/ultimate-ears-reference-remastered/reviews/17214

https://gleam.io/pkkOL/the-ue-reference-remastered-giveaway

Any news about the giveaway? It ended a week ago but there is no announcement.  

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #364 of 811
Please, give it just a little bit more time. I have been told by UE they need to go through the list to pick a winner.
:beerchug:

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #366 of 811
I'd like to research into a 4pin XLR or RSA balanced cable for my UERR. Does the UERR take the regular 2-pin connection cables, or do you need to get it custom made for Ultimate Ears connection? E.g. Moon audio sells cables that fit 'ultimate ears'. Is that not just a 2-pin connection?

Anyone have experience with getting custom cables for their UE ciems?

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #367 of 811
I'd like to research into a 4pin XLR or RSA balanced cable for my UERR. Does the UERR take the regular 2-pin connection cables, or do you need to get it custom made for Ultimate Ears connection? E.g. Moon audio sells cables that fit 'ultimate ears'. Is that not just a 2-pin connection?

Anyone have experience with getting custom cables for their UE ciems?

UE uses a different pin diameter (0.74mm vs a standard 2pin connectors having pins with 0.78mm).  Your cable maker will know which one to use, they all have access to those connectors.

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #368 of 811
Thanks! Probably just get the balanced cable from UE and get a 4XLR adapter from norne audio. I reckon the UE cables are pretty good.

Dec 22, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #369 of 811
I got a Ted's cable for my UERM.  The only issue he told me about was that the connectors he used were not the ones that UE is using (possibly they weren't available to outside users) so they might wear out/break if I wasn't really careful.  I didn't have any issues with them.  

Dec 22, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #370 of 811
Thanks! Probably just get the balanced cable from UE and get a 4XLR adapter from norne audio. I reckon the UE cables are pretty good.

Love UE's original balanced cable.  Very high quality connectors, both 2pin and 2.5mm TRRS plug.  The plug will be important when you are dealing with an adapter.

Dec 22, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #371 of 811
UE gave me a balanced cable w/2.5 end when I got my UERM- gotta love their folks (I was fitted and picked it up from them so lots of face time) - and it is very good.  I bought the Ted's balanced with two 3.5 ends for my (now moved on) Pono.  My UERM currently has the UE balanced cable on it for use with my AK.  

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #372 of 811
  UE gave me a balanced cable w/2.5 end when I got my UERM- gotta love their folks (I was fitted and picked it up from them so lots of face time) - and it is very good.  I bought the Ted's balanced with two 3.5 ends for my (now moved on) Pono.  My UERM currently has the UE balanced cable on it for use with my AK.  

Very nice!

Yep, pure quality cable.

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #374 of 811
  You are VERY LUCKY,
UE not accept cable changing for me.(4 times UE ciem user.....)

?  You mean you can't get the connectors to work?  They just push onto the pins on the earpieces.  I had no trouble going from UE single to UE balanced to the custom Ted's for the Pono and then back to the UE balanced.  Just had to be careful to line up the pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back