Ultimate Ears UE PRO 18+ Discussions and Impressions
Mar 19, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #166 of 462
For me I just wanted a little more spark on the highs, but I can live without it as it's not really lacking coz the Hugo 2 opens up the highs more (extension and details).

I did have a thick copper ALO IC before but haven't tried the silver ones.
I use the AK type c usb dock to my CDM and Hugo 2

Mar 19, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #167 of 462
I would recommend trying a balanced TRRS silver cable from the balanced analog output from your ak and running line in TRRS analog into the cdm as opposed to using the otg digital out for your CDM. The dac in the CDM is ok but nothing like the dacs in the ak. The analog out is also thought to be cleaner from the Ak than the digital otg out.I know the Hugo 2 runs that way but I think there is some more resolution to be had from your setup if you ran the CDM in "AMP mode" and gave the CDM the balanced analog line out from the 1k. If the Ak 3 series sounds this good analog line out to CDM I'm sure the 1k sounds even better. Again I thought it was good but now the synergy with the silver IC cable has brought the 18+ to a whole new place for me. Not as dark and bassy. Lots more micro detail and crisp but pleasing highs due to the tubes. I really didnt know the CDM could sound this good .

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #168 of 462
I got my UE18+ universal version. Listened to them for a few minutes and then put them on a continuous burn-in on my AK120ii for 24 hours.

I'm using the stock silicone tips. The nozzles go deep inside and the fir is good and comfortable. Yet the bass is almost non-existent and very thin & lean. Songs that have good bass have no impact at all. The mids and highs are quite good.

I tried the smallest comply tips that came with the IEM and not much improvement in bass. Is the unit defective or should I try different tips to get a better fit?

Mar 20, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #169 of 462
I got my UE18+ universal version. Listened to them for a few minutes and then put them on a continuous burn-in on my AK120ii for 24 hours.

I'm using the stock silicone tips. The nozzles go deep inside and the fir is good and comfortable. Yet the bass is almost non-existent and very thin & lean. Songs that have good bass have no impact at all. The mids and highs are quite good.

I tried the smallest comply tips that came with the IEM and not much improvement in bass. Is the unit defective or should I try different tips to get a better fit?
I would try some foam tips or different tips such as Penon Audio gray-red and/or SpinFits and try changing your source before resorting to RMA.

Mar 20, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #170 of 462
I struggled with universal fit. If is not exactly sealed right all the bass drains out. I switched to customs for this reason . Even the customs need to be sealed just right or the same thing happens. The foam comply tips work the best ,Spinfit after that. There are tips molded from your ears that people seem to like . The 18+ has no lack of bass so if after really working on the seal issue it is still bass light its probably the 18's but i would suspect one or the other to be faulty , not both. You know when you are sealed up well when you cant hear much outside noise. If you can still hear you are not properly sealed. It took me a week to get the hang of it.

Mar 20, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #171 of 462

This happened to me when I was auditioning the demo unit of 18+. Just changed the tips to large.

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #179 of 462
here's my non-recessed 2-pin change order from last year if anyone wants to attempt if 2-pin is available for the UE Live...

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 10.55.12 AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back