1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Ears UE PRO 18+ Discussions and Impressions

First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28
Next

Last
  1. Tsyer
    Does anyone know when the Linum Super Bax balanced cable for UE 18+ Pro ver 3 with upgraded connectors, will be available. Original cable came in 3.5mm SE only.

2. SteveOliver
    No idea, perhaps try contacting Ultimate Ears directly. I made my own by cutting the SE plug off the supplied cable and replacing it with a 2.5mm TRRS plug. Not an easy mod but worth it for people that have the necessary skills.

3. kubig123
    Different cable manufacturers are now offering cables with the IPX connectors.
    Plussound, Null Audio and Music Sanctuary are the ones I’m aware of.
    By the end of the week I should receive my new cable from Plussound, I’ll post some pictures as soon as I’ll get it.

4. PJBrownSkin
    I think it’s going to take a while for Linum to bring their balanced IPX to the market. Your best bet would from other manufacturers (Plussound just started offering their cables with IPX, and I checked PWaudio from Music Sanctuary website and you can order their cables with IPX now).

I’m currently looking at PWaudio’s offerings to try with my UERR.

5. DroneCold
    Unsure how to delete post. Was able to find the information I was looking for. Disregard.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  6. AC-12
    25% off sale this week only on UE18+, UE11Pro and UE LIVE. Sale ends midnight on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate debut day (07 Dec).

These seem like some good workout / outdoor play CIEM's due to being waterproof (IPX) and more tuggable on the cable connectors.

Last CanJam there was a 40% discount, but only for the local Southern California CanJam (UE HQ).

https://pro.ultimateears.com/

25.png

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Wyville and FrostyP like this.
  7. bvng3540
    Good deal but they charged you 8-12% tax, so it a crappy deal in the end

AC-12 likes this.
  8. AC-12
    Good point. Sux2B in the same State your purchasing the goods.

Looking forward to the next iteration of the UERR / UE Reference. If it's a dud, no need to worry about sales tax for a UE product as that will signal it's time to move on to another brand.

I just really like the fit the digital impressions provide and no one else offers this service. I really rather avoid traditional ear impressions if possible.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  9. bvng3540
    If it in the same state then I can see the point to collect tax, but UE charged you tax no matter what state you from, I live in WA and bought iem from 64 audio and they collected me tax I have no problem with that, but UE is in California, they have no right to collect my taxes

AC-12 likes this.
  10. AC-12
    That's teribad. I wasn't aware. Makes taking the risk of the $150 Customs fee for the SE6U more justifiable.

11. cycheang
    Hi Bro,

Saw your post in iBasso IT04, and knew you own also UE 18+ pro, what is the different between ibasso IT04 and UE 18+ Pro, is it worth to upgrade ?
    Please share your experience.

Thanks.

12. kubig123
    Wyville and SteveOliver like this.
  13. SteveOliver
    For comfort and isolation the 18+ pro wins by a long way. I took it on its first flight last week, what plane noise. :) If you want to try a custom IEM its a good choice IMHO.

The generated a lot of interest too, from one stewardess and the passenger sitting next to me. I had to explain what a custom IEM was and the cost etc. You would have thought they would have seen live performers using custom IEM's on TV etc.

It gets my vote if you have the spare cash burning a hole in your pocket. :L3000:

cycheang and kubig123 like this.
  14. SteveOliver
  15. kubig123
    i agree, i personally find the Linum superbax too dark for these earphones, Plussound, Null Audio and Music Sanctuary all offer a variety of cables with the new IPX connectors.

benchan2 and Wyville like this.
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28
Next

Last