Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 21, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #571 of 4,383
Quote:
Give em a
tongue_smile.gif

While I've spent a decent amount on fine dining experiences in the past, I don't think I'll attempt to verify these $400 IEM's taste ok :p

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #575 of 4,383
Quote:

Lets mix it up a bit. We know you're a sucker for purple :wink:.

Purple?  Where'd you get that from?  The only purple I've ever said I liked was a dark midnight purple XD  There's no midnight purple iPod XD  

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #578 of 4,383
Quote:

I wonder if it's the Pro Golds and K550 smell.

I forgot the headphone that smells like tires...
rolleyes.gif

Pro Golds (assuming they'll smell the same as the Gratitudes) smell different.  It's a different smell...  It still smells new, but it's not new car ;P

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #579 of 4,383
I'm eagerly waiting for a full-fledged detail review of the 900s. 

Needless to say, they look awesome and probably smell awesome too. 

Detachable cable may be finnicky. Looks easy to come off seeing that it's a "snap" or direct friction fit rather than any locking system or something to keep it from falling apart. It's not like anyone is going to change cables every day so they should have implemented a better more secure design. 

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #580 of 4,383
Quote:
I'm eagerly waiting for a full-fledged detail review of the 900s. 

Needless to say, they look awesome and probably smell awesome too. 

Detachable cable may be finnicky. Looks easy to come off seeing that it's a "snap" or direct friction fit rather than any locking system or something to keep it from falling apart. It's not like anyone is going to change cables every day so they should have implemented a better more secure design. 

Hopefully my review will be posted sometime this week.  

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #582 of 4,383
when the hell are these things being released?  ive been checking amazon for the past two weeks and theyre still not available for order.

i'd prefer to buy the heir audios but want to purchase from a place with a good return policy if i'm ordering $400 iems.  thus the heir audios are a no go and the 900s are next up, as long as amazon gets em that is.

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #583 of 4,383
Quote:
How anyone can say the blue cable and earpieces are cool is beyond me. Naff with a capital 'tacky', if you ask me.

I despair sometimes.

I honestly don't get why the majority of Head-Fi members are opposed to color...  I really don't.  Who really cares what color is used?  Is a black headphone going to automatically sound better than a blue one?  Oh wait, is the red one better than the blue one?  Color is arbitrary to anything and 100% subjective.  

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #584 of 4,383
I'm not entirely opposed to blue as that is my favorite color. I'd prefer black though to stay less conspicuous. Red, lol I don't think so :wink:.

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #585 of 4,383
IEMs are made to be worn in public places, and because of this most people prefer subtle colors and inconspicuous designs that don't look odd. If you wear a neon blue cable people will notice it, as opposed to a black cable which no one will think twice about. The same was true as the TF10 which stuck out of the ears like Frankenstein bolts, and garnered quizzical looks every time I wore them in public. If you really think "Who really cares about color?", ask yourself if you would wear these in neon pink with yellow sparkles.

But for the record I think they look very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back