Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Apr 7, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #4,351 of 4,383
Is anyone able to point me to how to use Deoxit on the connectors, in case I need to?

A long time back some head-fiers were talking about cleaning off factory residue and stuff, so I'm wondering if there's a proper way to do this, for example:
1) Use toothbrush on connectors
2) Use q-tips to dab deoxit
3) Wipe excess deoxit off with new q-tip?

Thanks.

I have not had to use Deoxit on mine, but have on other equipment in the past. Personally, I would stick with the Q-tip on/off method as I have never run across so much buildup as to require a toothbrush (though I imagine it would be possible).

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #4,352 of 4,383
Oct 10, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #4,353 of 4,383
Hey all

I have a UE900 that is playing lower on one side. The sound is still clear, but way lower then the other piece.
We have clearned the tip
changed cable
Made sure the MMCX connection is tight enough.

It was used a month ago and all was fine then. We put it in the box and now this.

What can it be?

Oct 10, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #4,354 of 4,383
Hey all

I have a UE900 that is playing lower on one side. The sound is still clear, but way lower then the other piece.
We have clearned the tip
changed cable
Made sure the MMCX connection is tight enough.

It was used a month ago and all was fine then. We put it in the box and now this.

What can it be?

I know it sounds obvious, but did you trouble shoot all of the connections? Like switching MMCX connectors from left to right to make sure it was not the cable? Also, did you try them on a different source?

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #4,359 of 4,383
Is UE900s a big step up from the UE900? I like the ex1000 sound signature, maybe a bit more bass. I will use it with the ibasso DX90.
The only difference between the two are the build with the UE900s not being as crappy. If you are looking for a ex1000 I don't think the UE900 is where you want to look. Maybe an RHA IEM would suit you better.

May 10, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #4,362 of 4,383
My UE900s has been going strong for a few years, the black color from the metal plate on the part pointing out has chipped a bit but its all good.

I just ordered a BT-LC2 to use with them, see how that goes.

May 11, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #4,365 of 4,383
This is what I am worried about. If they go out on me in a few months of use then i will be very upset

based on my experience it’s not about if they go out on you but when.
Now they 900s might be better but the 900 won’t last. I used mine for less than a year, always was gentle with them and always stored them in the hard case and they still failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back