Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jul 15, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #3,526 of 4,383
im with you ..I don't get it ..im on my second pair of these ..and only cause I traded the last pair which I fastly regretted. So I got another pair and have had no problems with either one..and i don't really baby them either lol not that rough with them either .I love the sound quilty of these and are for me very comfortable. I also have the fi10 which is a close second .

So I seriously wonder how would you describe all the documented and posted issues of the UE 900. Are you saying they're all bogus? 
I had the cutoffs from day 1 and no matter what I do they are still there. I tried everything to no avail. The point is that a $400 flagship shouldn't have all these issues. Sound wise I agree that they are more than capable.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #3,527 of 4,383
im with you ..I don't get it ..im on my second pair of these ..and only cause I traded the last pair which I fastly regretted. So I got another pair and have had no problems with either one..and i don't really baby them either lol not that rough with them either .I love the sound quilty of these and are for me very comfortable. I also have the fi10 which is a close second .

I'm totally with you, no issues to date just superb sound, style and comfort!!

So I seriously wonder how would you describe all the documented and posted issues of the UE 900. Are you saying they're all bogus? 
I had the cutoffs from day 1 and no matter what I do they are still there. I tried everything to no avail. The point is that a $400 flagship shouldn't have all these issues. Sound wise I agree that they are more than capable.

I don't think anyone's suggesting people are making anything up, it's just nice to hear about people who are having a positive experience with these earphones. It seems like maybe they had a bad batch or something or maybe I'm just lucky? It would be nice to hear some people's positive experiences with these iems as at the moment the thread reads like they are the worst thing since Hitler and this simply doesn't represent my, or I suspect others, experiences. Don't flame people who like these earphones, are you suggesting they're making their positive experiences up? Likewise, I'm sure this is not the case.

Jul 15, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #3,528 of 4,383
The thing is you are always more likely to hear of people having problems either to find if other people have them, or if there is a solution to said problem.

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #3,533 of 4,383
Nothing wrong with people who have had positive experiences with the UE900 sharing that too though as it might give a fairer picture overall.

I truly believe they did by creating the UE 900 appreciation thread but then all kind of issues popped up by the new owners; pairs that fell apart, cutoffs etc.. so this thread became the one-stop-shop of UE 900 owners. Add the fact how Logitech handled the 900/900s issue and there you go, you got a bunch or grumps, and understandably so. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #3,536 of 4,383
no I dont think they are all bogus ..I feel bad for people who have maybe saved up and bought this earphone and got a dude..That can happens with everything you buy...the sound cut out happens with other earphones to its the connecters. .they are horrible imo my shure 535's did the exact same thing and they cost 100 dollars more ..I would just like to hear some good experience on this thread about these earphones .I like I said am on my second pair .and I got them after reading all the bad stuff about them..but I do feel bad about people getting a faulty product .happy listening

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #3,540 of 4,383
They're good. If they work. Not exceptional but good.

What in your opinion is better? Always on the lookout for the next purchase :wink:

In my opinion. FA-4E Xb. They are pretty much rock solid, an upgrade from the UE900 in all departments. Maybe the treble is quite even but otherwise a significant upgrade. Made me rethink my UE900's value. And after I heard what the FA-4E had to offer, I felt more like the UE900 were a $200 pair of in ear monitors rather than $400. Thomann.de also has 3 years warranty. Though shipping is a bit steep when you're not in EU but they deduct taxes so that you won't pay double taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back