Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #3,511 of 4,383
Amazon.co.uk have a few in for £199.99 atm.  At that price they are obviously old stock being cleared out. 

Jul 7, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #3,512 of 4,383
  Amazon.co.uk have a few in for £199.99 atm.  At that price they are obviously old stock being cleared out. 

It's the old stock as they're advertised as UE 900 and not UE900s, I had planned to sell my UE 900s warranty replacement which only had a 30 day warranty so I could purchase the UE 900 and benefit from 2 year manufacturer warranty but no one was interested.. I was selling them at £175 delivered throwing in the failed set of UE 900 with all the packaging, cables and accessories to reflect that it had no warranty..

I'm curious what you will find swiftkidd.

Personally I really like Logitech products in general, durable too most of the time. Too bad they fall short with UE, I really like mine. Hopefully they don't break down soon.

I'm a Logitech fan as I've had some really great design products at very attractive market prices: Logitech Z 10 & Logitech Quickcam AF Sphere yet both products discontinued with-in 3 years, Logitech / Ultimate Ears seem to discontinue everything it never makes sense.. I'm sure they're not this passionate that they want to offer consumer the "latest in cutting edge technology" that they discontinue and re-design products every other year? How long have you had your current set of UE900 for? mine lasted just 8 months which was actually the longest out of multiple sets of UE 350 & 400 but to scared to open them encase they fail after several days or several weeks as I won't get replacements

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #3,513 of 4,383
I got my UE900 since early november 2013.
Currently happy with my Logitech G710+ mechanical keyboard and G500S mouse. My Performance MX mouse was replaced without a hitch when it developed double clicks. Although I must say the Mycom computer store did this for me.
Hopefully they amaze us with some stunning UE's in the near future.

Jul 7, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #3,514 of 4,383
logitech site in my country says that the ue 900s is in stock and i just got confirmation that my ue 900 replacement will be a ue 900s and that they sent it. the package is coming from the netherlands. would you mind tellin me which version you got swiftkidd?. though i dont really believe that i'll get the real ue 900s version.

Jul 7, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #3,515 of 4,383
I had planned to sell my UE 900s warranty replacement which only had a 30 day warranty so I could purchase the UE 900 and benefit from 2 year manufacturer warranty but no one was interested.. I was selling them at £175 delivered throwing in the failed set of UE 900 with all the packaging, cables and accessories to reflect that it had no warranty..

do you have the real ue 900s or the repackaged ue 900? whats broken in the ue 900 you have?

Jul 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #3,516 of 4,383
In case someone here is interested in picking up a pair, I have my ue900s listed in the For Sale section. I have them listed at $250 shipped but I am open to reasonable offers.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/726051/fs-ultimate-ears-ue900s

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #3,517 of 4,383
Most interesting thread, enjoyed reading all the messages :) as I own 900/900s (well, still gotta to find own what I actually own.) Perhaps that makes it even more exciting experience. To be serious, I would appreciate if someone would A/B original 900 vs 900s without unibody vs 900s with unibody.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #3,518 of 4,383
I have the original ue 900 and the new ue 900s (without unibody, so essentially the old ones with new packaging + red ring on the right piece).

The new ue 900s sound really similar to the old ue 900, if there's a difference then it's that the new ue 900s without unibody do have a little bit clearer sound and a little bit wider soundstage and a little bit better separation. However this might be placebo or because the old ue 900 I own is already 1 year old (and probably full of earwax). If there's actually a difference in terms of sound quality then it's only slightly noticable.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #3,519 of 4,383
  I have the original ue 900 and the new ue 900s (without unibody, so essentially the old ones with new packaging + red ring on the right piece).

The new ue 900s sound really similar to the old ue 900, if there's a difference then it's that the new ue 900s without unibody do have a little bit clearer sound and a little bit wider soundstage and a little bit better separation. However this might be placebo or because the old ue 900 I own is already 1 year old (and probably full of earwax). If there's actually a difference in terms of sound quality then it's only slightly noticable.

You don't have the 900s then most likely... 

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #3,520 of 4,383

You don't have the 900s then most likely... 

Yes. As I wrote in my post I have the repackaged Ue 900 (ue 900s on the packaging, new accessories, but the connector is still black and not blue, therefore I don't have the unibody version).

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #3,522 of 4,383
So sad i want to buy ue 900s but the issue make me doubt in my mind... Hope they will fix this on the upcoming batch

Don't be put off, mine are amazing and showing no signs of wear. I can't believe that everyone who owns these earphones has had them fail. It's sad that this thread seems to have become so negative about what are by a country mile my favourite iems ever!!

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #3,523 of 4,383
Don't be put off, mine are amazing and showing no signs of wear. I can't believe that everyone who owns these earphones has had them fail. It's sad that this thread seems to have become so negative about what are by a country mile my favourite iems ever!!

It's just because so many owners have had issues. I baby mine and still have the cutoffs. Logitech is well aware of these issues. This is the main reason why they released/ will release the 900s with the unibody, but you can't just dismiss that so many members here experienced issue. This is only the owners who are also head-fi member, mind you there are plenty of owners who don't speak English and can't provide their feedback here, but by judging number of incidents but head-fi members you can see that it's not just a few, it's way more than just that. 
On top of that with the 900/900s saga and there you go... 

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #3,524 of 4,383
It's just because so many owners have had issues. I baby mine and still have the cutoffs. Logitech is well aware of these issues. This is the main reason why they released/ will release the 900s with the unibody, but you can't just dismiss that so many members here experienced issue. This is only the owners who are also head-fi member, mind you there are plenty of owners who don't speak English and can't provide their feedback here, but by judging number of incidents but head-fi members you can see that it's not just a few, it's way more than just that. 
On top of that with the 900/900s saga and there you go... 

I agree with you... Quality of UE 900/900s has a big impact to the buyers..

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #3,525 of 4,383
im with you ..I don't get it ..im on my second pair of these ..and only cause I traded the last pair which I fastly regretted. So I got another pair and have had no problems with either one..and i don't really baby them either lol not that rough with them either .I love the sound quilty of these and are for me very comfortable. I also have the fi10 which is a close second .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back