Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Dec 25, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #2,581 of 4,383
I love my UE9000. Best IEMs I have ever had.

Don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread, but I had these since they came out and I recently purchased a cable from Logitech and noticed that they are now using gold connectors to connect to the headphones (not the 3.5mm, the one that plugs into actual earpieces) and the wire mold thing is much longer now too

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #2,582 of 4,383
  I love my UE9000. Best IEMs I have ever had.

Is that the new IEM from Logitech?

just kidding, haha. I love my UE900 to. I did experience some burn-in with them. They were quite boring and unremarkale initially but after some burn-in they 're pretty sweet. Rocking out with them right now.

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #2,583 of 4,383

The UE 900 are not discontinued. They are still available, full price, from Logitech's website.

Because some random customer service agent told someone's sister's cousin that they are discontinued does not make it so. :)

Well they are no longer available in EU and the US website didn't have them as well. Some people contacted Logitech and were told they are discontinued, it wasn't only one person. 
still avail in the US website

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #2,584 of 4,383
The UE 900 are not discontinued. They are still available, full price, from Logitech's website.

Because some random customer service agent told someone's sister's cousin that they are discontinued does not make it so. :)

Okay, it's been reported by multiple people.

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #2,587 of 4,383
still avail in the US website

They were not available from Logitech US for almost 2 months and are available again now. Check previous posts. It was discussed before.

I went through all the posts since august and there was no mention of them being unavailable in the US, the only guy that reported they were unavailable back then was from australia. I know they were available a month ago because I was on their site ready to push the button after the ncix sale. So please, post some proof that they were unavailable.

In fact the first mention of them getting the axe was done by yourself with this post a month ago.
The $200 deal was good but I decided to pass. Too many reported issues about the sound cutting in and out even though the connectors were cleaned from residue. Not a good sign. Also, some people say they sound good but a bit boring, and lack of energy is the right term I guess.
Maybe I will pick them up one day... I am surprised to see that they are no longer available in the UK (Logitech UK) after they were discounted for 50% off... does it mean UE 900 Ver. 2 is on the way? Time will tell, but won't be surprised.

After that people reported that they were unavailable in the UK site but still available in the US.
Then this post got the whole "they're getting discontinued" ball rolling. With a little help from your own posts saying you called it a few weeks earlier.
Spoke to someone at Logitech as I was hoping to buy them direct. They tell me they have been discontinued...is that correct?

Yeah, they are discontinued. They had a really short lifespan for a flagship earphones. I mentioned it 2 weeks ago. This is why they were heavily discounted.

There is no mention of anyone else talking to logitech on this thread, yet you made this claim shortly after.

I went to Logitech website, where it says it's discontinued ?

I couple of head-fiers reported they contacted the Logitech and were told the UE 900 have been discontinued. It was updated a few days ago. Search previous posts in this thread.

So was it one guy that spoke to logitech or a few?
Please, if you know something I don't, link me to the place where youre getting your information from.
I still see absolutely no proof on these being discontinued just like when they said these were going on sale for 109 for black friday. It all seems like that one post was taken way out of proportion.

I guess if you cry out wolf long enough it will become true but that doesnt mean you won't lose credibility along the way.

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #2,588 of 4,383
The Logitech sale was whole different story that I had explained before and not going to repeat it once again. when they went on sale for 199 I looked around and they were NOT available from Logitech EU, US, and Australia. On top of that they were no longer available on Amazon, only through 3rd party vendors. Now, I don't know what exactly you are trying to achieve here and personally I don't care. More than a few people reported here and around head-fi that they were told by Logitech reps that they are discontinued. I have been following the trends of the UE 900 for a while now and checked out their availability for a while now. I am not the one who contacted Logitech and was told they are discontinued. Before your are pointing fingers, go and look at the facts of that members had reported around the forums.

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #2,589 of 4,383
The Logitech sale was whole different story that I had explained before and not going to repeat it once again. when they went on sale for 199 I looked around and they were NOT available from Logitech EU, US, and Australia. On top of that they were no longer available on Amazon, only through 3rd party vendors. Now, I don't know what exactly you are trying to achieve here and personally I don't care. More than a few people reported here and around head-fi that they were told by Logitech reps that they are discontinued. I have been following the trends of the UE 900 for a while now and checked out their availability for a while now. I am not the one who contacted Logitech and was told they are discontinued. Before your are pointing fingers, go and look at the facts of that members had reported around the forums.
I did, that why I was asking you to point me in the right direction.
Didnt mean to come accross as confrontative. Just re-read it and it did sound pretty harsh although it was completely unintended!
Truth is I've also been following these closely since the ncix sale and keep seeing people speculating that theyre being discontinued althiugh nobody has any real information about it

Again sorry for the harsh post! Completely unintended.

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #2,590 of 4,383
I did, that why I was asking you to point me in the right direction.
Didnt mean to come accross as confrontative. Just re-read it and it did sound pretty harsh although it was completely unintended!
Truth is I've also been following these closely since the ncix sale and keep seeing people speculating that theyre being discontinued althiugh nobody has any real information about it

Again sorry for the harsh post! Completely unintended.

It's all good bro. I guess what makes us believe that something is going on with UE is the fact that they were 50% off (NCIX deal) then, people reported they are no longer available in EU. Me personally checked the US site and noticed the Buy option wasn't available a few weeks ago. In the UK they were also not available last time I checked. I was a bit concerned pulling the trigger on those if they were indeed discontinued. Looking at the details it looked like they were looking to unload their UE 900 stock. After cyber Monday Amazon also stopped stocking them, only through 3rd party vendors. Thus far I haven't seen an offical statement by Logitech saying they were discontinued, but after people here started reporting they heard from Logitech's rep and Amazon customer service that they are discontinued, I felt like it made sense after everything we have seen. Like anyone else I was a bit surprised, but didn't really question the people who reported that. Maybe an official statement from Logitech will be helpful.

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #2,591 of 4,383
I think an official statement is going to happen later, when all sites are pretty much out of stock and they have another model to follow up. By that time everybody will already know they're discontinued.

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #2,593 of 4,383
Maybe they got rid of all that crappy built what 500.00 iems and had to rebuild stock.. Cause really from what I've read that's horrible selling pieces of crap like that to us and taking our hard earned money for what? Something that falls apart like that... These should last you at least ten years for that kind of money.. They should really be ashamed of their selfs.. Sorry... IMO. LOL

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #2,594 of 4,383
Can anyone comment on the durability of the ue900s? A few reviewers claim that the sound cuts in and out on some of these because of weird connectors on the detachable cables, and a tendency for the black and silver UE label to either smudge off or just come off altogether. I'm curious to try these since the TF10s treated me well, but I suspect these will be more comfortable. Any truth to these, or only an issue on early serial numbers? 

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #2,595 of 4,383
  Can anyone comment on the durability of the ue900s? A few reviewers claim that the sound cuts in and out on some of these because of weird connectors on the detachable cables, and a tendency for the black and silver UE label to either smudge off or just come off altogether. I'm curious to try these since the TF10s treated me well, but I suspect these will be more comfortable. Any truth to these, or only an issue on early serial numbers? 

I upgraded from the TF10s and the difference in sound is definitely noticeable. I could never go back

A lot of the problems, imo stem from the detachable cables themselves, whenever that has happened to me I just bought a replacement cable from Logitech for $15.

To be fair the same thing happened to me with the TF10s so UEs in general don't have super heavy high quality cables like Shure does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back