Ultimate Ears UE 12 UltraBass, 6 drivers?
Jun 30, 2008 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

9fly

New Head-Fier
I found some pictures of this IEM and in pre-order mode in one Thai site.

uehomemn2.jpg

ue12ultraoverviewzu9.jpg

ue12ultrabi5.jpg

specue12ib1.jpg

original link:
http://www.taf.in.th/forum/index.php?topic=6361.0

Anyone please help. Is it a trick of Photoshop or the real one. With 6 drivers each side so what will be.

Also really hurt to see 5 balanced drivers each side in here
thrillseeker | ¿Ü»³¥«¥¹¥¿¥à

Jun 30, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 19
this is startin to feel like the intel megahertz race

Jun 30, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #3 of 19
I call fake. The white frame is copied from the 11 Pro; notice how all the other frames are unique?

Also, why would they swap out a drum kit for a singer? That image doesn't equal bass to my eyes....

And in this kind of cutom IEM race, why would bass be considered the most important thing right now? Doesn't make sense, in my opinion.

So again, my conclusion is that it is Photoshopped by a bored person.

Jun 30, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #5 of 19
As a fellow PS user, please tell the original poster on the Thai forum to try harder (the devil is in the detail)
smily_headphones1.gif

ue12ultrabi5-1.jpg

specue12ib1-1.jpg

^Obviously PS'ed from UE11's spec.

ue12ultraoverviewzu9-1.jpg

uehomemn2-1.jpg

Jun 30, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #9 of 19
I knew it was fake as soon as it said six drivers. No need to analyze the pictures. Six drivers are serious overkill in IEMs not to mention impossible spacing of the six drivers in custom molds.

Jun 30, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I knew it was fake as soon as it said six drivers. No need to analyze the pictures. Six drivers are serious overkill in IEMs not to mention impossible spacing of the six drivers in custom molds.

I second that. Also in Japanese link above they mentioned the one with small ear canal couldn't make IEM phone with 5 drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back