Ultimate Ears turn around time....
Nov 26, 2008 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

hockeyb213

BANNED: BAD TRADER
I am going to buy a pair of ue-11's as soon as I get my impressions back in the mail, and I was curious to any of ue customs owner how long did it take from when you sent your impressions in to getting the final product back? UE says <10 days with the ability to also get them rushed for an additional fee. After my experience with livewires I really want to make sure that this information is accurate.

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 10
Wow, there's an option to pay a little extra for getting priority even though you spend USD 1000+??? That's impressive.

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #4 of 10
Maybe so. UE is a very reliable brand, so this time I'm guessing you won't face many problems.

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 10
I still wonder where you got the <10 days from.
On the website it says:
Quote:

Our normal turn around time is 10-14 business days from the time we receive your impressions. We offer a 5 day expiated service package for an additional $100. Please call to speak with a service representative if you wish to pursue this option.

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #7 of 10
I'm sure the service you recieve from UE's will be superior to the shoddy experience you've had with Livewires (that was really quite astonishingly appauling!) but I do know that Ultimate Ears have had their fair share of criticism in recent months regarding their customer service, interaction and treatment of customers and turn around time etc. They were reportedly very jackel and hyde with different customers, some recieving excellent service, attention and communication, others, similar to your Livewires situation, struggling to even get hold of them and to get any kind of communication going with them, never mind turn around on repairs etc. I say this in general as I recall one thread on the matter distinctly that had a life of at least 20-25 pages, however, I do not know if this applies to their customs aswell (one might expect them to take better care of customers with this portion of their products, given the cash exchange etc). Just thought I should mention this. Also, the reasoniong behind all this was heavily speculated to be attributable to the logitech takeover and the likely unheaval that could be causing within the infrastructure of that business.

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by xz123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still wonder where you got the <10 days from.
On the website it says:

I got it from their website let me find it and edit the post....looks like a typo on their site since it said 7-10 days

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #9 of 10
I would do new impressions if I were you.

UE has a very narrow criteria for how to do the impressions and the impressions themselves deteriorate rather quickly.

Do you really want to spend that kind of money and risk a bad fit ?

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #10 of 10
you are right about the narrow criteria but I had mine made using their instructions and idk about impressions deterioting.... your also right about possibly getting a bad fit worse comes to worse I send em back which I may have to anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back