Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #8,206 of 9,690
The salesman for the mook headphone festival in Singapore told me flatly my triple fi is not good enough for the Astell&kern ak100.

What a load of bollocks.

They don't value their customers as much as they do a few years ago sadly.... Wanted to get a pair of customs from them, the JHA series, but was told flat in the face to save up to buy their higher end customs instead. BS.

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #8,208 of 9,690
I've always had good luck with the stock single flange tips to be honest.

But the tips that are currently on my TF10s are the stock tips from the Phillips SHE 3580. I'm not sure they're available separately but the IEM itself is only like 10 bucks or so if you want to experiment.

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #8,209 of 9,690
Finally received my TF10 Hybrid cable from Rennxz today. Guess what that means?! 

Time to send them off to InEarz for reshelling! I finally get to remedy the only problem I have with the TF10 (along with half of head-fi): the awkward ship and resulting fit. I'm pumped. 
gs1000.gif
ksc75smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
beyersmile.png
beerchug.gif
deadhorse.gif
atsmile.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #8,210 of 9,690

Hey does anyone know where I can find one of the 90 degree gold connectors shown above?

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #8,212 of 9,690
Quote:

Oyaide Right Angle Jack

EDIT: Thought you asked what jack it is, these can be found on ebay and toxic cables' site

Thank you very much my friend. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #8,214 of 9,690
Just received my new pair of Triplefi 10 iem today...
OMG, they are awesome. Straight out of the box, simply plugging into my Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4, they sound amazing.
I am wondering when I receive my PA2V2 amp and ODAC, what would they sound like ??!!! 
basshead.gif
gs1000.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #8,215 of 9,690
Just received my new pair of Triplefi 10 iem today...
OMG, they are awesome. Straight out of the box, simply plugging into my Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4, they sound amazing.
I am wondering when I receive my PA2V2 amp and ODAC, what would they sound like ??!!! 
basshead.gif
gs1000.gif

Congrats! Where did you get yours? I am trying to find a pair but since they are now discontinued prices are fairly high.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #8,216 of 9,690
Ive seen a couple pairs in the buy/sell forum if youre looking for a pair! And congrats the triple fi are great gateway iems, and offer best price/performance imo. Sound alters a lot from tip/source/amp/cable, detail is also great in its treble and can pick up fine details in lossless music compared to lossy

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #8,217 of 9,690
Quote:

Congrats! Where did you get yours? I am trying to find a pair but since they are now discontinued prices are fairly high.

Thank you!
First of all, I reside in India and I ordered it from proaudiohome.com, who have actually sourced it from some dealer that imports hifi audio equipment in India. I didn't want to go through the trouble of shipping and customs on ebay/amazon, so I decided to buy locally. 
I got them for about $250 and I think the price is high..but these are my first foray into the world of hifi Audio, so I didn't mind.
Plus, after trolling so much in Head-fi, I figured that almost everyone here owns the Triplefi 10 or used to own them at some point of time. Hence, I pulled the trigger.
And I'm extremely happy that I did...
size]

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #8,218 of 9,690
Quote:
Ive seen a couple pairs in the buy/sell forum if youre looking for a pair! And congrats the triple fi are great gateway iems, and offer best price/performance imo. Sound alters a lot from tip/source/amp/cable, detail is also great in its treble and can pick up fine details in lossless music compared to lossy

I am in the process of ordering good quality interconnects, probably from Chris_himself. But, since I have already ordered a dac and an amp, I'm refraining from purchasing an upgrade cable...or that would take a toll on my savings.
size]

As for the music quality, my entire music collection consists of mostly lossles and wav, with some regional music (Punjabi, maybe you have heard 'bout it) limited to 320 kbps

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #8,219 of 9,690
Thanks you both @Eddie C and @BadBoySimran. Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 seems like a great pair to have, my only concern is the fit, but if the price is right I will give it a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back