Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #7,921 of 9,690
I do auto detailing so I am moving around, making all kinds of funky positions changes etc. Its easy for me to lose the seal also.

Maybe you could cut that one off and do a Bob the builder job inventing some new one? I would probably use a cable clip.

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #7,922 of 9,690
Not sure if there's a better place to post this, but is anyone looking to reshell their TF10s but not in a rush? I have a right earpiece which has a messed up termination but the drivers are fine, and I was hoping to swap it + cash for a working right earpiece. Already went to the FS/FT section but not much response there, so hoping someone here might be interested

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #7,923 of 9,690
Quote:
Not sure if there's a better place to post this, but is anyone looking to reshell their TF10s but not in a rush? I have a right earpiece which has a messed up termination but the drivers are fine, and I was hoping to swap it + cash for a working right earpiece. Already went to the FS/FT section but not much response there, so hoping someone here might be interested

How do you know it's the termination only that's messed up and not the crossover or drivers?

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #7,924 of 9,690
Quote:
How do you know it's the termination only that's messed up and not the crossover or drivers?

I got a pin stuck in the "two holes in which the cable pins fit", failed to pull it out with pliers while scraping some of the plastic and gave up, so there's pretty much 0 chance anything important was messed up

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #7,926 of 9,690
Quote:
I got a pin stuck in the "two holes in which the cable pins fit", failed to pull it out with pliers while scraping some of the plastic and gave up, so there's pretty much 0 chance anything important was messed up

Let me get this right... so the pins from an original cable broke off and are stuck in the sockets of that one earphone? And thus preventing you from being able to plug in a new cable (with new pins)?

I can see that pulling the broken pins from the sockets is too delicate work for you and your pliers but you might just try finding a local watch-maker that can help you take those broken pins out.  

Mar 23, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #7,927 of 9,690
Quote:
Let me get this right... so the pins from an original cable broke off and are stuck in the sockets of that one earphone? And thus preventing you from being able to plug in a new cable (with new pins)?

I can see that pulling the broken pins from the sockets is too delicate work for you and your pliers but you might just try finding a local watch-maker that can help you take those broken pins out.  

That's pretty much it, except i went in for them using some pliers and scraped some of the clear plastic off.

The thing is, pretty much everything in Australia is overpriced (minimum wage and all) so it'd be much much more worth it to just swap it for someone else's who wants a reshell. After all, I'm not really in any rush.

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #7,928 of 9,690
Love the sound of my triple fi 10's, but the fit is concerning me a bit. I'm confused with buying extra tips on Ebay. I have found these original Sony Hybrids that have lots of cons+++ in several threads, but I have also seen some "fake/china" Sony Hybrids that aren't marked with the company name. Is this earbuds the same deal for a better price, or what's the difference?

Best regards.
Anton Ivehed

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #7,929 of 9,690
One of the twin pin sockets on my TF10's is now loose, on close examination the plastic surrounding the socket appears to have a slight crack which has caused the problem. It's not bad yet but I am begining to have sound drop outs until I tap the IEM. The pins also keep popping out the TF10 while trying to insert it in my ear.
I was thinking about placing a very thin strand of wire inside each of the pin sockets to tighten things up but I'm concerned about the wires breaking and falling inside the IEM which could cause a short on the internal circuitry so not willing to risk it.

Any other ideas?... Would coating the pins in solder to thicken them up a little be the best option?

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #7,931 of 9,690
One of the twin pin sockets on my TF10's is now loose, on close examination the plastic surrounding the socket appears to have a slight crack which has caused the problem. It's not bad yet but I am begining to have sound drop outs until I tap the IEM. The pins also keep popping out the TF10 while trying to insert it in my ear.
I was thinking about placing a very thin strand of wire inside each of the pin sockets to tighten things up but I'm concerned about the wires breaking and falling inside the IEM which could cause a short on the internal circuitry so not willing to risk it.

Any other ideas?... Would coating the pins in solder to thicken them up a little be the best option?

I've thought about coating the pins in solder before too, I've never needed to try it though. You can always bend the pins to make the fit tighter. If you scuff the pins up and add just a light coating of solder I wouldn't be surprised if it works. That was one solution I came up with many months ago when considering it.

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #7,933 of 9,690
Quote:
Love the sound of my triple fi 10's, but the fit is concerning me a bit. I'm confused with buying extra tips on Ebay. I have found these original Sony Hybrids that have lots of cons+++ in several threads, but I have also seen some "fake/china" Sony Hybrids that aren't marked with the company name. Is this earbuds the same deal for a better price, or what's the difference?

Best regards.
Anton Ivehed

I don't think that there is much of a difference. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #7,934 of 9,690
Quote:

Yeah I used to dip the pins in solder (in a solder pot) but honestly wedging something in there is going to crack it more. If you really want to go for it, the Westone custom cables have thicker pins and you'll have better contact that way. It's going to spread the crack a little though.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #7,935 of 9,690
Do you guys have any suggestions about fixing a metal connector broken inside the earphone?  I've had the chrishimself silver cables but one day one of the metal piece of the connector broke off.  Now it's stuck.  I'm at a loss on what to do, other than buying a soldering kit, connecting that piece to another piece of metal, waiting for it to solidify and then pulling it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back