Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 26, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #7,187 of 9,690
That's still too much for me.

I may be able to test RC UE2 and just use that instead when it comes out.
o

You could always go for Dark Lord or White Angel. (same silver plated cable, different colours) :p

I really enjoy mine, it's a good taste of what an upgrade can do without being to 'over the top'

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #7,188 of 9,690
Quote:
o
You could always go for Dark Lord or White Angel. (same silver plated cable, different colours)
tongue.gif

I really enjoy mine, it's a good taste of what an upgrade can do without being to 'over the top'

I'm talking about sub $30 cable as just a pure cable replacement and not some sonic upgrade.

Plus as their reviewer...why not? It just so happens to fit perfectly with what I have

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #7,189 of 9,690
I'm talking about sub $30 cable as just a pure cable replacement and not some sonic upgrade.

Plus as their reviewer...why not? It just so happens to fit perfectly with what I have

For sure! Anything to rid of the stock memory wire. My comfort has increased greatly since changing.

Here's an awesome song for TF10, though it needs to be high bitrate to shine. 320kbs atleast!

The vocals samples are those angels I mentioned singing with my pair. :D

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC16FJTI6XM[/VIDEO]

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #7,190 of 9,690
Quote:
I may be able to test RC UE2 and just use that instead when it comes out.

Any idea where one might find more information about this cable? It seems there aren't any sites in English that mention it, though there is one in Chinese that mentions it.

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #7,191 of 9,690
Quote:

Any idea where one might find more information about this cable? It seems there aren't any sites in English that mention it, though there is one in Chinese that mentions it.

None at the moment, they were all only casually mentioned by FiiO on Head-Fi that they will be releasing the RC UE2 along with some Shure cable replacements at the same time. Tehse cables are more for affordable quality replacement cables than something like the dark whatevers or whateve wahtever cables at $100 some buy for the tF10's

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #7,192 of 9,690
None at the moment, they were all only casually mentioned by FiiO on Head-Fi that they will be releasing the RC UE2 along with some Shure cable replacements at the same time. Tehse cables are more for affordable quality replacement cables than something like the dark whatevers or whateve wahtever cables at $100 some buy for the tF10's

Dark Lord. :wink:

Aug 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #7,196 of 9,690
For an IEM that is

$180 USD New in United States
$250-$300 USD New in Europe and across the world

I don't think an $100+ cable is worth it.

I am planning to look into RC UE2 as that is a functional cost effective affordable cable that did something UE couldn't be bothered to do with their flagship regular line.

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #7,197 of 9,690
All depends on how long you want to keep it for, how much you like the IEM/are attached to its sound...if someone is going to take good care of their TF10s and have them for 3 or 4 years, or likes them enough to probably purchase another pair if they break, it seems like a very reasonable investment to me. I paid $100 for mine and will probably be spending around $100 on a cable from Chris when I have the money.
Quote:
For an IEM that is

$180 USD New in United States
$250-$300 USD New in Europe and across the world

I don't think an $100+ cable is worth it.

I am planning to look into RC UE2 as that is a functional cost effective affordable cable that did something UE couldn't be bothered to do with their flagship regular line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back