Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Oct 10, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #4,231 of 9,690
So... I sent my TF10's in to be replaced under warranty. Got an email a month ago saying: 

We have received your RMA package and released your replacement product for shipping. 

So I figured I would just wait it out. Never heard anything else, never received anything. Finally after a month I figure I should investigate further. I write them asking where my headphones are and they give me this crap:

Thank you for sending us an email and we apologize for the delay of the replacement. We regret to inform that the Triplefi 10 headset is no longer available and the most comparable device we can send you is the Ultimate Ears 700 or the 600vi. Please let us know so we proceed with replacement.

Are you kidding me? Seriously? I am not going to trade down for some grossly inferior in-ears. I mean 600vi, really? To add insult to injury... They are in stock at their website...

What do you guys think? Am I screwed? I would rather have my broken headphones back (the speakers were undamaged) and get them reshelled than give my ears some hating with the 700/600's.

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #4,233 of 9,690

Quote:

This is suspect.  What would motivate a dog to get up on a table and eat headphones?  That's not plausible dog-like behavior.  IEMs neither taste good nor make good chew toys.

I think the real question should be:

What motivated your wife to put your IEMs in the bowl with the dog food?

eek.gif

dogs are not that smart in my opinion ,    but to a puppy they make perfect snack /chew toy  she nearly blind and partly deaf . i call her petey from dumb and dumber
Motivation for the wife she gets rid of the headphones and i then must listen to her about her hard day at home 

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #4,234 of 9,690

Quote:
dogs are not that smart in my opinion ,    but to a puppy they make perfect snack /chew toy  she nearly blind and partly deaf . i call her petey from dumb and dumberMotivation for the wife she gets rid of the headphones and i then must listen to her about her hard day at home 

Sir, I am offended!  I take it you have seen my photo in the upper left.  It is a photo of me in my younger days.  Now that I have reached the advanced age of 12.5, and am lacking the visual and auditory acuity of my youth, I can assure you that my keen sense of smell is my best guide in selecting snacks and good chew toys. 

I stand by my statement about the TF10s distinct lack of meaty smell and flavor and it's poor ergonomic design for canine dental relief.

Again, I must refer you to your own domestic situation in your search for the true culprit.  I cannot think of a stronger spousal motive than the one you have described.

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #4,235 of 9,690

Quote:
So... I sent my TF10's in to be replaced under warranty. Got an email a month ago saying: 

So I figured I would just wait it out. Never heard anything else, never received anything. Finally after a month I figure I should investigate further. I write them asking where my headphones are and they give me this crap:

Are you kidding me? Seriously? I am not going to trade down for some grossly inferior in-ears. I mean 600vi, really? To add insult to injury... They are in stock at their website...

What do you guys think? Am I screwed? I would rather have my broken headphones back (the speakers were undamaged) and get them reshelled than give my ears some hating with the 700/600's.

Wait. Get the 600vi, sell them to somebody here (they're still good IEM's), use them to fund some TF10's either on Amazon or ebay. Why in the **** would UE/Logitech discontinue the ONLY great IEM they make anymore?!

Lol well there goes my 60% of my cable applications LOL

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #4,237 of 9,690

Quote:
Sir, I am offended!  I take it you have seen my photo in the upper left.  It is a photo of me in my younger days.  Now that I have reached the advanced age of 12.5, and am lacking the visual and auditory acuity of my youth, I can assure you that my keen sense of smell is my best guide in selecting snacks and good chew toys. 

I stand by my statement about the TF10s distinct lack of meaty smell and flavor and it's poor ergonomic design for canine dental relief.

Again, I must refer you to your own domestic situation in your search for the true culprit.  I cannot think of a stronger spousal motive than the one you have described.

lol
she may have feed them to petey and destroyed my favorite headphones.  but i will listen to others to block her and the dogs out

Petey the offender

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #4,239 of 9,690

Quote:
even if they are dumbdeafblind enough to discontinue the TF10, there are plenty around in the market, I think we still have TF10 for a long while.

People honestly have no idea how good they are just because they dropped price to 189... some people are out to spend a certain amount of money regardless of experience and the only alternative is Westone which ends up costing like 100 dollars more for the closest equivalent... :frowning2:

Westone has shown to be marginally better IMO, but still really expensive...

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #4,240 of 9,690

Quote:
People honestly have no idea how good they are just because they dropped price to 189... some people are out to spend a certain amount of money regardless of experience and the only alternative is Westone which ends up costing like 100 dollars more for the closest equivalent... :frowning2:

Westone has shown to be marginally better IMO, but still really expensive...

I would always take the TF10 over the UM3x. I want to try the W3, but yeah, most people think that the TF10 is too cheap to be a flagship IEM and it seems to get overlooked easily. Doesn't help that it's older than all the other headphones either but IMO it's still one of the best sounding headphones out there.

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #4,242 of 9,690

I agree, I would take the TF10 over the UM3x too.  The Westone was too dry and boring, and the soundstage was too closed in for my tastes.  I didn't like the bass on the W3 it seemed out of control.  Ever since Amazon started doing the $99 sale, I don't think the general public considers it a top tier IEM, TF10 is definately one of my favs.

Quote:
I would always take the TF10 over the UM3x. I want to try the W3, but yeah, most people think that the TF10 is too cheap to be a flagship IEM and it seems to get overlooked easily. Doesn't help that it's older than all the other headphones either but IMO it's still one of the best sounding headphones out there.

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #4,243 of 9,690
I've yet to hear a more musical sounding universal, and yes, that's inclusive of the SM3. But maybe that's just my odd taste. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #4,244 of 9,690

Quote:
I agree, I would take the TF10 over the UM3x too.  The Westone was too dry and boring, and the soundstage was too closed in for my tastes.  I didn't like the bass on the W3 it seemed out of control.  Ever since Amazon started doing the $99 sale, I don't think the general public considers it a top tier IEM, TF10 is definately one of my favs.

Actually, the boring and dryness of the UM3x is why I sold them.

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #4,245 of 9,690

Quote:

LOL yea I'd feel the same way if I had YOUR personal TF10s... still might be one of the best lookin' ones on the block alongside Pandab55's

The W3 is good, I usually prefer the UM1/2/3x, but the TF10 is a punchy dramatic sounding IEM, which gives it the mass appeal it has earned, so it's counterpart would really be the W3...

The way to describe the W3 is EXPLOSIVE with all the detail that it should have at that price point. It's sad that if I didn't own mine from back when they cost a lot more than they do now, I might not appreciate or gravitate towards them the way I do now. What is Logitech thinking discontinuing these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back