Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 24, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #3,736 of 9,690
True. TF10s sound the way they do not just because of the BA drivers used, but also in the placement and shape of the IEMs that affect how the sound travels into your ear. Remolding them changes all that. Custom reshells are abit like lottery... some people get an increase in SQ, but others don't. I've a few friends who had theirs reshelled, were "amazed" with the SQ when they got them back, then fell from heaven back to earth when they A-B with my original TF10s.

Whats it called? Audio memory? Acoustic memory? Anyway, the part of your brain that registers SQ can't keep memory of it long... which is why A-B is required to really compare SQ... not based off of memory. I suspect many people who are clamoring about how good their reshells sound have not gone back to compare with the originals... since they only have a pair and they're now reshelled?

I think it makes more sense to be able to control and ensure every earpiece sounds as good if they were all identical. Pretty difficult to do that with customs seeing how every ear's different, hence affecting the placement of the drivers, the length of the earpiece the sound has to travel before entering the ear canal etc...?

Quote:
personally i'd just order the 1964-T for the bargain entry price of $350 & sell the TF10s. once u reshell them, forget bout reselling. thats what i'd do if i were spending my coin.

May 24, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #3,737 of 9,690
lol dang it shouldn't have said that haha.

though let me know do they sound the same, and if they don't then i'll reshell mine haha!

May 24, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #3,738 of 9,690
The 1964-T are great phones, but sound nothing like TF10s. Reshell if the TF10 sound is your preference. Get the triples if you're interested in something flatter, with maybe a bit more detail.

May 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #3,739 of 9,690
Wow I think I would have flipped out over that one!

Sorry for the horrible pic quality

May 28, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #3,742 of 9,690
nice cable!

May 28, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #3,744 of 9,690
Nice... a Null Audio competitor from the same country lol~

I find the plugs a tad too long though... is it uncomfortable when wearing over-ears?

May 28, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #3,745 of 9,690

Seen that happen to a friend's TF10 during a transaction. Yes superglue does the trick, but it's one of the problems I see with TF10s along with the connectors getting pulled out when you detach cables. Seen it happen a couple of times too often :frowning2:
Quote:

Yeah I'm going to the dollar store now and pick up some superglue. I didn't think I was being too hard on the foam when taking it out either :frowning2: 

May 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #3,747 of 9,690
I've been looking at the Effect.Audio cables for a while. Is that the paliccs on it? Also, which number of cores did you go for? I don't know if it's worth the money to go for 8 cores rather than 4.

May 29, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #3,748 of 9,690
There's a guy that has some cables in the FS forum that look pretty good, Silver cables with Neutrik right angle connectors.  I love my Null audio Lune cable, and I've also owned the Enyo series cable, but I got it from another user on the forum no way I'd pay that much for a cable.  

May 29, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #3,749 of 9,690
I've heard the same guy's detachable TF10 nozzle with the Athena Cables and I must say they are BRIGHT. Might be too bright for some people and it gets some getting used to. Using the cable makes the TF10 not good to EQ at all. The mids are improved but still not as luscious and smooth as the performance on the Lune Cable

The Lune cable is still the best aftermarket cable and will improve your TF10 experience significantly compared to the stock cable. 

And no, the ES8 cable isnt an upgrade at all :/

May 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #3,750 of 9,690
I agree, I did extensive listening with a stock TF10 when I owned 2 sets of them, and I couldn't believe the difference.

Quote:
I've heard the same guy's detachable TF10 nozzle with the Athena Cables and I must say they are BRIGHT. Might be too bright for some people and it gets some getting used to. Using the cable makes the TF10 not good to EQ at all. The mids are improved but still not as luscious and smooth as the performance on the Lune Cable

The Lune cable is still the best aftermarket cable and will improve your TF10 experience significantly compared to the stock cable. 

And no, the ES8 cable isnt an upgrade at all :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back