Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 31, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #3,664 of 9,690

Quote:

How are the cables/casing holding up, thp777?

well i only use them at home for now but i do abuse them quite a bit. they are holding up great. i chew on cable sometimes without noticing but havent got a problem yet.the cable is a little stiffer then ud expect. they sound amazing tho.

Apr 7, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #3,665 of 9,690
I just got my TF10 (because of this thread) and been living happily with it for 4 days now. 
L3000.gif

I've read a lot of people have issues because of the fit, small ear canals. My problem is I have big ones. 
confused_face.gif
 and worse, the right ear has bigger ear canal.  The comply that comes with the package is not even enough to have a good seal. I use the large silicons

Apr 7, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #3,666 of 9,690
The memory wire on the left side broke (I've had mine since January), but I called UE's customer support and they're going to replace it for free!!! 
etysmile.gif
 The only problem is the cables are on back order right now, but I should get it in 2 weeks.

Apr 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #3,667 of 9,690
I like the silicon tips from the Sensorcom flanges used for the sm3's.  I was trying things out and this happened to be the absolute most perfect fit and seal for me.  Lubed the blue tips with some water-based lubricant, "KY-Jelly", serious.  I then twisted the tips on, in reverse.  Both flaps will be folded onto the shell.  What you want however is the smaller flap to fold back under the larger.  Lastly, trimming the tips down to the port with scissors.  The fit is more sturdy, kinda like a custom tip.  Big bass.

Apr 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #3,669 of 9,690
Just got mine 2 days ago, paired with my ipod classic 120GB, totally kick ass! Im surprised that though the TF10 was known to have more recessed mids, mine seems to be relatively more forward (less V-shaped) than another pair i tried that belonged to my friend. Now just waiting to remould it with UM...

Apr 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #3,670 of 9,690
^I think mids sound pretty good too.  Anybody have the real frequency response graph?

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #3,672 of 9,690
Anyone have any updates regarding what cable they use now? I was using the jaben one but it's slowly disintegrating and uncoiled within the first month of useage but then again I use them as my gym iem's, but from what I remember people were using lune cables. Any new manufacturers for UE cables? preferrably cheap and if possible some sound quality improvement.

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #3,673 of 9,690

Quote:
Anyone have any updates regarding what cable they use now? I was using the jaben one but it's slowly disintegrating and uncoiled within the first month of useage but then again I use them as my gym iem's, but from what I remember people were using lune cables. Any new manufacturers for UE cables? preferrably cheap and if possible some sound quality improvement.

Yeah my Jaben cable's memory wire/rubber thing is detached from the housing on one side. I baby these too so I don't know how that happened. I super-glued it for a ghetto mod but I guess you get what you pay for.  

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #3,674 of 9,690
Tried every tip I got, PFE tips, monster super tips, thinksound tips, sony hybrids, sleek audio tips(somehow they fit). The most comfortable and best sounding to me was the regular comply's cut about 1 to 2 mm at the wider end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back