Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 24, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #2,506 of 9,690
I'm really enjoying my Triple.Fis so far. Honestly, they are better than I was expecting and like cswann was saying, if it wasn't for this $99 deal I probably would never have given these a chance considering the other options in it's regular price range.

I've noticed sometimes it sounds like they're strained. I don't know if this is the fault of the phones or the recording and it's exposing it better than I'm used to. I'll have to spend some more time with them.

I am really enjoying them though. I've managed to get a decent fit with them, but it could be better. Maybe go custom some time in the future when funds permit.
Vs my IE8s, it's a hard call right now. more time more time

Dec 24, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #2,507 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got the balls to try my pair. The size isn't really an issue, other than the seal on my left ear isn't as deep as the right. (Slightly less bass and clarity)

Funny, the same thing happens to me but on my right ear. I feel it like its not well sealed, still I'm getting a kick ass sound!

Dec 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #2,508 of 9,690
burning in the TF10s now, whether we all believe in the burnin or not isn't relevant, cus im doing it. i just wish they had more prominent/forward mids. as for fit, i've never had a problem getting them to seal (own UHP336 already) but i will admit to their being a bit on the big side.

Dec 24, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #2,510 of 9,690
Damn, the sound level attenuator cuts out unless I play with it. (Compared it to a working attenuator) Just e-mailed Logi, anyone know how their customer support is?

Also, the attenuator seems to cut off the high and low-end frequencies. If I plug the 10s into my home source + amp, it gets too loud before the channels balance out. (Analog volume pot.. I think) Sound is good though...

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #2,512 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone tell me how symbols (on a drum set) sound with the TF10? I think they sound a bit "s" like, lacking a bit of body and weight.

I think you mean cymbals. I don't find them sibilant but they are prominent and detailed. They have a brittle, metallic quality that I associate with balanced armature IEMs rather than dynamic driver IEMs. I think the IE8 renders the sound of cymbals more naturally than the TF10.

Dec 24, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #2,513 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ER6i have bass, you just hear it rather than feel it. Doesn't mean it's not there.

Nop...I'm listening to the same "You are my Diamond" and there's nothing down here...just put in the TF10's and there's the bass. I mean, there's a lower frequency listening to the Ety's, but it's so anemic and does nothing to make the song enjoyable. The TF10's really bring out the boom and manage to separate the sounds enough from my head and each other to sound believable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't tell my IE8s, but I think I might like the TF10 better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oooh, go on! I had been dead set on the IE8's before the $100 TF10 deal came to the party.

Dec 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #2,514 of 9,690
Hmm. They sound great, but they have terrible isolation. Have tried stock silicones, and large and small hybrids so far. Also tried the RE0 biflanges which didn't work.

Dec 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #2,515 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, the sound level attenuator cuts out unless I play with it. (Compared it to a working attenuator) Just e-mailed Logi, anyone know how their customer support is?

Also, the attenuator seems to cut off the high and low-end frequencies. If I plug the 10s into my home source + amp, it gets too loud before the channels balance out. (Analog volume pot.. I think) Sound is good though...

Adding impedance will do this. Basically, the crossover network was designed for a certain impedance and changing that will change the sound.

Cutting off the high and low end is exactly what happened to my UM2 as well when adding impedance.

Though the TF10 doesn't sound bad with the adapter, you just don't get the nice sparkly treble that the TF10 has without it.

Dec 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #2,516 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Adding impedance will do this. Basically, the crossover network was designed for a certain impedance and changing that will change the sound.

Cutting off the high and low end is exactly what happened to my UM2 as well when adding impedance.

Though the TF10 doesn't sound bad with the adapter, you just don't get the nice sparkly treble that the TF10 has without it.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense -- I also noticed this with the UM2 and UM3X. I wish there were another way to lower the sensitivity of these IEMs, because the hiss problem can be pretty distracting. The thing is, I know that hiss doesn't have to be a reality, since I've found at least one source/amp combination that was dead quiet.

I have to admit that I simply could not get over the fit issues I had with the Triple.Fi 10s. Sound quality should not be at the expense of comfort.

Dec 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #2,518 of 9,690
So I put the order in for the Amazon $99 deal, but they were kind of going to be a Christmas gift from the parents, so I'm just now trying them out.

Coming from a set of Sure SE210s, all I can say is....Holy Bass. I guess the bass on the 210s really is nonexistent. It's almost overwhelming, but I'm sure I'll get used to it and I still have to mess around with tips to find the best fit/seal.

I must say though, I am quite pleased.

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #2,519 of 9,690
^ Great to hear!

Although I never had any trouble with fitting my TF10s, I decided to do the flip-flop mod for the first time, just for the hell of it. And I gotta say, these are how the TF10s should have been designed to fit from the very beginning. It's a very comfy, confident fit with no compromises - Brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back