Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #2,326 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sound excellent! It's the huge size and fit that is the problem. They are very euphoric sounding. Very multi-layered and creamy. Great with very "busy" music.

Hah, creamy, huh? Yeah, that's a pretty good descriptor for them
biggrin.gif

EDIT: midget, you serious? Be careful, dude. As much I hate the metallic blue color, I wouldn't dare paint a pair of these... or any other expensive (at least MSRP-wise, lol) IEM for that matter. Tell us how it goes/post picz if you do!

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #2,328 of 9,690
How do you people find the bass on the TF10? I'm coming from Klipsch S4 and I find the bass to be pretty dull compared to the S4. I tried all the tips pretty much and I get a pretty good seal I believe with the middle ones, although hearing how other people are bragging about how good the bass is on these I'm starting to think that my seal is not proper. Anyways, can you give me your opinion about the bass on the TF10 and maybe a suggestion on how to improve my seal to get a better bass? Thank you once again head-fiers
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #2,329 of 9,690
I find it to be quite nice; Not too boomy and reasonably well-controlled. They are known for being lighter in the bass department than other IEMs, so I wouldn't be surprised if you consider them bass light. Get a good seal, give 'em some head time, and you'll know what everyone's talking about
smily_headphones1.gif

Tips on improving your seal? Try the Ety way of insertion... pull on the outer of your ear while pressing the earphone in. I'm also using the midsized UEs - Though thoroughly hated on, they just worked the best for me from the start, and I've experimented with quite a few tips. If that doesn't help, you might want to give the larges a try.

How do you find general fit and comfort?

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #2,330 of 9,690
And remember, these are not deep insertion, so larger tips (to seal the ear canal) are probably a better bet than smaller tips. Don't force the Trips into your ear. I am using the Sony hybrid larges and very comfy with great seal. Having said that, I also bumped up the Clear Bass on the Sony X to +2, and that also helps a lot. Experimenting with bass settings on EQ, Normal is good, but +2 is better.

Dec 10, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #2,331 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by lon420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it to be quite nice; Not too boomy and reasonably well-controlled. They are known for being lighter in the bass department than other IEMs, so I wouldn't be surprised if you consider them bass light. Get a good seal, give 'em some head time, and you'll know what everyone's talking about
smily_headphones1.gif

Tips on improving your seal? Try the Ety way of insertion... pull on the outer of your ear while pressing the earphone in. I'm also using the midsized UEs - Though thoroughly hated on, they just worked the best for me from the start, and I've experimented with quite a few tips. If that doesn't help, you might want to give the larges a try.

How do you find general fit and comfort?

+1
I have almost the exact same feelings, however I don't really consider these bass slight, unless you are comparing the tf's to admittedly bass orientated phones like s4i or c551. I use some e2c black silicons that I shortened the stem on, so they fit more like the stock UE's. I manage to get them fairly deep into my ears so that when I pull them out, I hear and feel a loud "pop". I also use the flip mod if that matters...

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #2,332 of 9,690
Just got these. Love them, no EQ needed for me, they're just amazing...
Had a bit of a problem getting a good seal but thanks lon420 for your post I just got a great seal and the sound completely changed!

I am a bit irked by the size of them, but they're not sticking out farther than my ears so I'm fine with it. I can always have them re-shelled anyway.

Time to go relax and listen to all of my music!

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #2,334 of 9,690
With just a little EQ the bass really started to pop for me, but coming from mostly Koss products I can see where you might feel they're a little lacking.

The clarity is pretty amazing, I'm just hoping the highs start to sparkle a little more once I'm able to find something that fits other than the the complys that come with them.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #2,335 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, the vi cable has a 4-pin 3.5mm jack which carries the mic signal as well, but when you plug it into a 3-pin (aka normal) I think it just lines up with the ground. It works, anyway.

yea. the 4-pole plugs should work for 90% of the 3-pole devices out there. but there are some poorly designed plugs that some how send feedback back though the headphones through the mic.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #2,336 of 9,690
Thanks guys!
Unfortunately, I was too slow, as I needed to feed my paypal account first. The last unit was sold for 200€, and it is now on pre-order for no less than 274€ in the same shop!! Geeze!
Oh well, guess I'm gonna wait some more time
frown.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #2,337 of 9,690
Just received my cheap UE product.
icon10.gif
Like them so far, I'm wearing them straight-down and I find it more comfortable than over-the-ear. I know, I am probably the only one...

Anyway, do these still have the notorious cable problems? Or did they ever "improved" them not to be an issue anymore?

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #2,338 of 9,690
I really found that I just did not like the Comply tips that came with the TF10 at all. They were uncomfortable, and are already turning yellowish with just probably under an hour of use. My ears seem to go into overdrive in regards to wax production with them in. I used the orange foam sleeves with my e2c for several months and they were just a bit dirty/dingy after all that.

I tried the black silicon sleeves left over from my e2cs... they fit, and were fairly comfortable but they did not sound very good imho. They really seemed to make the bass boomy and muddy, and some of the upper mids seem to be recessed. The cello on Driftwood by Rena Jones is really affected by this. I only have the larges for some reason, and I didn't get that super good seal where they "pop" - as like Archercat said - like they used to on my e2cs, so it could be a fitting issue.

So far, the small silicon seem to be the best fit for me... they are slightly uncomfortable and my ears are a bit sore when I take them out, but they don't bother me when I'm wearing them.

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #2,339 of 9,690
I didn't like the Comply's either. It takes ages to get a good seal in your ear, and then once you do it removes all of the highs that make the UE's really good IEM's.

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #2,340 of 9,690
those of you who dislike the COmpys: have you tried the new Comply with the built-in filter? Use them on mine as well as the comply for the Ety4p which I also have. They are made of a softer, more pliable material that is decidedly more comfortable than the older Comply version. Just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back