Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 16, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #9,631 of 9,690
Hello, I'm looking for a cable to replace the stock cable that went bad on my TF10's. I saw these cables on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Aud...5OfpMVZdKphAggNKK1xg:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Does anyone have experience with these? I don't mind paying more for the cables (up to $50, maybe more if worthwhile) since I'd rather have cables that last and won't be prone to the pins breaking inside the IEMs. Located in the USA by the way.

I plan to look thru the thread to see recommendations but figured I'd post in case someone has some quick insight to share. Thanks!

I don’t have experience with those, but I did pick these up recently and so far seem to work fine. The pins were the perfect size. The cable is braided and a little thick, so I don’t know if that would be an issue, but I thought I would mention it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074H8Y76X?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

Feb 17, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #9,632 of 9,690
Feb 20, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #9,634 of 9,690
Hello, I'm looking for a cable to replace the stock cable that went bad on my TF10's. I saw these cables on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Aud...5OfpMVZdKphAggNKK1xg:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Does anyone have experience with these? I don't mind paying more for the cables (up to $50, maybe more if worthwhile) since I'd rather have cables that last and won't be prone to the pins breaking inside the IEMs. Located in the USA by the way.

I plan to look thru the thread to see recommendations but figured I'd post in case someone has some quick insight to share. Thanks!

I tried my KZ ZS3 cable on my tf10 and it works fine too...have fiio cable too,which was my first replacement cable after the stock logitech cable died on me...

If you're on a budget and need a bang for the buck cable, you just cant beat the zs3 cable(supports some other kz models too)...gud quality sheathing,gp angled 3.5mm jack and sturdy pressings on plastics that houses the 2 pin connectors,imo. I guess theres a new braided cable coming as zs3 stock too which i havent tried...but some sellers have the older blue cables as well, stocked in aliexpress....hope you will get an idea when you search there.
IMG_1053.JPG IMG_1060.JPG IMG_1052.JPG

Mar 29, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #9,635 of 9,690
Anyone compared the TF10s from China to TF10s bought from reputable dealers in the USA/EU?
I'm no longer seeing them around, just want to know if dupes were coming out of China for a while some time back and how to tell them apart.

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #9,636 of 9,690
I agree, I have been with my beloved Triple Fi's for about 4 years and and even though, I was tempted many times with other IEMs, SE846, JVC Woodies, Sony Z5, Westone 6, UE900 etc...
All of them went back to the store within the 30 day return window.
There's is something about the Triple Fi's out of an unamped(no eq) iPhone that makes them very special, musicality. Yes, they are indeed forgiving with so so recordings.
The right amount of punch, unveiled sound, crisp highs, great mids. and excellent isolation.
The only item that I tried and I enjoyed as much as the TFs were the AKG 3001, however, the lack of replaceable cable buried my hopes.

I will give a try to the upcoming JH Trifi's soon to be released in Japan or the Noble Trident....
seeing as I'm coming across tihis thread a couple of years after written I'm curious if you have tried any of jerry harvey's audion IEM's? I too am a lover of the UE triple fi 10's as well. Also curious if you ever changed the tf10's to customs and if so what did you think?

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #9,637 of 9,690
Perhaps some of the many triple fi 10 fans/owners on this thread could help me.
I have owned Ue triplefi 10's for about 6 years. Love them but I have small ears and they can get very uncomfortable for long listening periods to the point where I wore my hd598 most of the time for a while because of this despite not liking them as much. My friend suggested the j3x pro's but if I am going to invest that much I want a pair that will blow me away and love for many many years even if I have to pay more for them.
A little about me. I listen to a lot of classic rock, pink floyd, Doobie brothers, Beatles and such. Also love smashing pumkins, Radiohead, Depeche Mode and a lot of 80's non hair metal music.
My friend suggested the jh16v2 pro's but he is a sound engineer and I think he likes it a little more neutral than me. I used to use alesis studio one monitors, loved the separation and detail butt they could be quite harsh and got a pair of Denton wharfdale anniversary ed bookshelf speakers to replace them. Like the sound signature better, do miss some of the detail and separation though. Anyways.
I keep coming back to the jerry harvey lola's. The big natural and silky plus warm sound, sounds amazing (in theory no dealers anywhere near where I live). My friend says the signature series are for "audiophiles" and he doesn't like any of them. My only reservation is in reviews the lola's appear to lose some speed, separation, AMD detail in comparison to their other ciems. But wonder if it would still be a vast improvement in all three areas compared to my triple fi 10's?
The closest location to demo jh iem's is a 6 hour drive for me.
Any advise would be appreciated

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #9,640 of 9,690
Apologies for bumping an older thread, but is there any consensus on whether there are newer IEMs available that work as suitable replacements for the TF10? That is, something that has a similar sound signature? My TF10s keep falling apart, and although I'm able to glue the casing back together, I'm afraid that one day they're going to die completely and I won't be able to replace them.

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #9,641 of 9,690
Apologies for bumping an older thread, but is there any consensus on whether there are newer IEMs available that work as suitable replacements for the TF10? That is, something that has a similar sound signature? My TF10s keep falling apart, and although I'm able to glue the casing back together, I'm afraid that one day they're going to die completely and I won't be able to replace them.
If you don't mind going custom you could always see if there is anyone who would be willing to reshell them to keep them going?

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #9,642 of 9,690
If you don't mind going custom you could always see if there is anyone who would be willing to reshell them to keep them going?

Hm, perhaps, that's an interesting idea. I may do that as a last resort. The replacement cables are getting harder to find recently as well

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #9,643 of 9,690
ebay or any cable maker has cables as they are not hard to find at all. reshelling is harder since less companies are doing them and ones that are charge way too much. there's still plenty new/used for sale, one auction style with 4 days left on ebay @ $64 right now. in past few months i've seen a few go for $100 plus.

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #9,644 of 9,690

Earsonics ES3 are quite similar in terms of sound. i use the older version not 2019 version. they have better ergonomics than TF10 but not the best.

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #9,645 of 9,690

Their website seems to be broken for me right now. But, I upgraded from TF10 to Noble 3's (nobleaudio.com) and loved them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back