Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 21, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #9,046 of 9,690
I realized I hadn't listened to my tf10 's in almost 2years so I plugged them in and they dont sound as good as I remembered . Would they go bad , not work right with a long period of no use? barely any low end.
or may be iv grown acustom to a different sound signature .iv been using my atrios and se215 for work .

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #9,047 of 9,690
I realized I hadn't listened to my tf10 's in almost 2years so I plugged them in and they dont sound as good as I remembered . Would they go bad , not work right with a long period of no use? barely any low end.
or may be iv grown acustom to a different sound signature .iv been using my atrios and se215 for work .

probably yes,as you listened to those 2 iems for long....give them some exclusive listening sessions and see.but dont shuffle them for some time tho....just tf10.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #9,051 of 9,690
Yep still stock cable, i got them back from ue under warranty and they have been just sitting there since . What cable are folks running with there tf10?

I am now running this one, its the best I have had out of quite a few. Its also the most I have spent on a cable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181364463214?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #9,052 of 9,690
I use this guy:

http://www.jhaudio.com/product/mic-cable-smart-phone

Pins are a bit long (can be filed), and are thicker than the pins on the stock cable's connectors, so it will take a little pushing, and cables designed for the TF10 won't work as well with yours once you use a cable designed for JH/Westone, but there is a much larger variety available for this style, so to me it was worth it; YMMV.

There are a bunch of affordable cables on ebay from Sunricky; his products are a great deal for the price, he usually has cables from $20-$30 all the way up to $200+ for the TF10 that use the original pins if you don't want to risk widening your sockets, filing pins etc.

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #9,053 of 9,690
Headphone lounge and Null Audio make good cables for the money

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #9,054 of 9,690
Definitely the cable is bad , sound cuts out on the left iem . Just after the memory wire , when moved it drops to half volume or none at all.
need to get some new silicone tips, isolation/ fitment isnt that good which would explain the lacking low end

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #9,056 of 9,690
Has anyone used the fiio rc-ue2 cable . Any thoughts on it ?
Didnt really want to spend 90 on a cable

Cant speak for the 2, but both my UE1 are long gone. First one started by having the sheathing pull away near the earpiece, then the cable broke at the jack. 2nd one, also broke at the jack, now granted part of that could be because I had my player in my pocket and put stress on the cable, cause I had another cable also break the same way. The cable I have now, has better build quality and I also clip it on my pocket so the cable is out of harms way. If you are not as harsh on cables as I might be, the UE2 might work fine. IMHO, out of cables I have tried, I give the Fiio the lowest quality, but then again, that's the older model.

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #9,059 of 9,690
I am so glad I came in here just a day ago saying how my latest cable is the best so far. Yesterday the left earpiece went out, its the cable going into the 2 prong connection. Contacted the seller since its only 4 months old. Shipping back to Hong Kong for a free repair. Pretty simple. Jinxed.

Aug 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #9,060 of 9,690
I'm not that ruff on my cables or iems I still have my first pair that got me into this addiction the ue super fi 4 and shoe box's full of other iems. just cause I wanted to try them out looking for that magic One , that does it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back