Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 29, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #8,897 of 9,690
Let us know how it turns out. :)

You mean like, oh great, it also broke and I had to buy another?
frown.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #8,898 of 9,690

You mean like, oh great, it also broke and I had to buy another?
frown.gif

I'm sure you'll have better luck, long as you aren't a rough rider. 
biggrin.gif

Actually, I do want it to break so you can get this one next.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5N-OCC-Silver-Plated-upgrade-cable-for-UE-triple-fi-10-SF-3-5-5EB-/261438994242?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3cdefa7742

I just sold one with my original 1Plus2, one of the softest most flexible cables I've ever had.

I miss it with a passion! And the earphones to some extent too! 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #8,899 of 9,690

I'm sure you'll have better luck, long as you aren't a rough rider. 
biggrin.gif

Actually, I do want it to break so you can get this one next.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5N-OCC-Silver-Plated-upgrade-cable-for-UE-triple-fi-10-SF-3-5-5EB-/261438994242?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3cdefa7742

I just sold one with my original 1Plus2, one of the softest most flexible cables I've ever had.

I miss it with a passion! And the earphones to some extent too! 
tongue_smile.gif

That looks identical to my cable from Ted that is now in the trash.

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #8,905 of 9,690
  Hey guys, just made an account to come here and thank you all! I have been using the TF 10's for a few years, bought the FiiO RC-UE1 replacement cable for it a while ago and more recently the RC-UE2 while I was in HK (UE1 was a bit too unwieldy for me), all in an effort to improve the quality/comfort. Then I stumbled across this "flip mod" mentioned in this thread and after trying it just now I wonder why I had not tried something so simple in the first place! With the UE2 cable, the fit is awesome for my ears at least (with TX-500 comply foam tips). Recently got my Sony NWZ-ZX1, paired with the TF 10's the combo is a treat!

Flip mod ftw.

Flip mod master race FTW!!!!

May 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #8,907 of 9,690
Did you not like the bi-flanges that come with the TF10?

May 4, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #8,909 of 9,690
Mine never came with any.

I'd have to take a look in my bag, but I thought they did. I might be thinking of my old SF3s. However, UE did make some that are very similar to how your single flange ones are.

May 4, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #8,910 of 9,690
Mine did, but they went too deep for me, they hurt!  I do use the large single flange silicones, flip-modded for the win!:wink:  To the poster that was using Comply tips to try to get the TF10's to stay put, and than tried the 'f-mod' (for the win!:wink:.  You might want to give the silicones another try now that you're using the mod.  I know there's tons of fans of the complys, but I've read an equal amount of opinions stating that the complys blur the sound somewhat, dulling highs and lows.  I'm firmly in this camp.  I mean, look at the comply tips, little chunks of compressed foam placed between the drivers and your ears.  How can they NOT affect the sound quality?  There's an old audio axiom about improving sound quality being like removing levels of dirt from a window, the more dirt removed, the better you can see/hear.  Some audiophiliacs believe in removing the grills from their speakers in an effort to 'clean up' or maximize sound quality!  Kinda makes sense that anything placed between speakers/drivers and your ears will diminish the sound quality.  I used to own SP5's (TF10's little brother) and I used to use comply tips, tellyawhat, I did NOT like how funky those suckas would look after extended use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back