Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #631 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Epik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it common for people to start listening to music at lower volume once they start getting better gear?

It's not even because of the isolation because my room is fairly quiet but with the TF10s I'm listening to classical at 18% volume on my pc and it's perfectly fine. I like to listen loud too.

The TF10s have an impedance of 32ohm, with a sensitivity of 117db/spl/mW. The fact that they're quite easy to drive along with the isolation means depending on what your last headphone it's probably louder at the same volume knob level
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #632 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well IEMs are deep-seated next to your ear drums, so it make sense to not need higher volume. Some are also just easy to drive, so you don't have to crank it up to get a decent sound level.

Well, it's brilliant. I would always listen at 90%+ volume and sometimes at 100% on the Sansa Clip. Guess I just needed some decent phones. Happy at 60% now.
jecklinsmile.gif

Does the size of an mp3 player have any bearing on better powering the phones? Would the SQ change going from clip, fuze, nano, cowon?

Dec 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #633 of 1,260
Yay, I'm finally reunited with the triple.fi 10 Pro!
smily_headphones1.gif

They have considerably more upper treble than I remember, which is rather harsh on my ears, especially sine I've grown accustomed to the Shure SE530 in the meantime. There tips are the same I used when I last had them (medium silicon)...funny how time changes things.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #636 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Epik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it's brilliant. I would always listen at 90%+ volume and sometimes at 100% on the Sansa Clip. Guess I just needed some decent phones. Happy at 60% now.
jecklinsmile.gif

Does the size of an mp3 player have any bearing on better powering the phones? Would the SQ change going from clip, fuze, nano, cowon?

the size (actual size) of a player doesn't matter. the opamp is powered by the battery. the size of the battery MIGHT make a particular player sound better than another player using the same chip. most people with portable amps will say that energising the phones can make a huge difference but in those cases particular phones might be designed to be used with an amplifier. anyway. yes, different players using different chips produce different sounds. factor in various sound enhancements and now you may get a VERY different sound. the tf10s are sensitive, meaning they power up with less energy than many iems. 60% on a clip is pretty loud.... don't make me type in caps K?

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #638 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by nozr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
was bent at an extreme angle in the packaging

I would try amazon if they're still in stock, if not then I'd try UE.

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #640 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I missed these. I still love them.
ksc75smile.gif

Its been a hard evening to listen too anything too long as I came home to IEMs and new speakers. My Christmas came early.
o2smile.gif

What is your opinion, are they the best IEM's also better then the IE9.

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #641 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is your opinion, are they the best IEM's also better then the IE9.

I haven't had a new pair of IEMs since the UE11 was released.
frown.gif
Sorry, can't compare. I can tell you that I would rather have them then the UE11 for the price easily. I've only moved through the Ultimate Ears line before they were bought by Logitech, never owned any other higher fidelity IEMs.

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #642 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by nozr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got mine.. cable was already destroyed :/

whats the fastest way to get a replacement from them?

When you're at Amazon, click on the "help" button next to "account" and you can choose that order and do replace and then the reason why. They'll have a shipping label you can print out and that's that. Amazon is good with that stuff. Not sure if they ship out right away or when they receive it.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try lowering volume on the clip. I'll start at 0 and work up.

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #643 of 1,260
Still order in process for me as well for Logitech, and a Dec 9 ship date from Amazon.

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #645 of 1,260
My Amazon order's a little weird, I bumped it up to standard shipping (from free) and the delivery estimate went from december 22nd to 10th with no estimated ship date. Hm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back