Ultimate ears Super.fi 5 Pro vs Sennheiser HD212 Pro
Mar 9, 2007 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

broove

New Head-Fier
I am considering to buy Super.fi 5 Pros. Now I have Senn 212, and I am pretty satisfied with them. But will there be any difference in sound? Is this worth spending such sum of money? ~200$ is a big money for me... And if i'll buy them, these will be my first "serious" earphones.
What do you think about this... Will the sound be better an is it really worth it?
(sorry for my bad english)

Mar 10, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 8
That's quite an apples to oranges comparison. The SF5Pros will doubtlessly give much better sound and isolation; if you're really into the "mega-bass" of the 212Pro you might consider the 5EB instead (but keep in mind that the higher isolation of IEMs will make such a huge bass hump less necessary). But why these, what's your usage pattern?

Mar 10, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 8
well.. I heared much about their great sound and bass impact in some reviews and user opinions. I listen to dnb, breakbeat, alternative rock, chillout. I am really satisfied with 212 - bass is blowing my head and I like that. As I said, I haven't tried any expensive ears, so there's nothing I can compare 212 sound with...
But I decided to buy some IEM that would not cut the bass and I wonder how will mids and highs sound (some says that 212 has none of them). I guess Super.fi 5 Pro is the variant (EB sooks stupid by hanging out of ears in my opinion. With Pros I'll try FS mod). Maybe there's something else...

Mar 10, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 8
save yourself some money and get the v-moda bass freqs. BASSSSS! and there is enough mids and highs to satisfy most people.

Mar 10, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by WarWagon1983 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd stay away from the EB's. They are pretty large, and though the bass works well for hip-hop, the sound is way distored for anything else.

I don't event think about buying them, that's for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back