Ultimate Ears at Costco
Nov 25, 2007 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Bigguy

100+ Head-Fier
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Clear Noise Canceling Headphones

$129.99
Shipping & Handling included
Online purchase only.

What are your impressions of these? Is this a good price?
Pros and cons?

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Clear Noise Canceling Headphones

$129.99
Shipping & Handling included
Online purchase only.

What are your impressions of these? Is this a good price?
Pros and cons?

Holy Cow! Here's the link
Costco - $129.99 After $50 Off Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Clear Noise Canceling Headphones

I already have two pairs of Super.Fi 5 Pro's, but this almost makes me want to order another set. The MSRP is actually $250, and the cheapest I've ever found a new one was $169+shipping on eCost.

I'll also add that the new Meizu M6SL DAP plus SF5Pro's a fabulous combination with rocking bass, smooth-detailed highs, and midrange that's not recessed (a common criticism of UE's in general).

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Costco - $129.99 After $50 Off Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Clear Noise Canceling Headphones

I already have two pairs of Super.Fi 5 Pro's, but this almost makes me want to order another set. The MSRP is actually $250, and the cheapest I've ever found a new one was $169+shipping on eCost.

I'll also add that the new Meizu M6SL DAP plus SF5Pro's a fabulous combination with rocking bass, smooth-detailed highs, and midrange that's not recessed (a common criticism of UE's in general).

Buy.com had SF5 Pro's in red for $105 or $109 a couple of weeks back, I would've jumped on them were it not for the time of year w/present buying looming.

Nov 25, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 27
Anyone have any comparison between these and the q-jays? I've been thinking about picking up the q-jays, but the price on the super-fis now has me thinking they might be the better deal.

Nov 25, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, the new meizu doesn't produce hiss anymore? Is it worth getting over the SL cause I found an add in my walgreens paper selling 4gb meizu's for $90.

Nov 25, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #7 of 27
all non SL meizu's have pretty noticible hiss with E500's and a decent amount with E4C's, while M6SL's, M3's, and probably M6SE's don't.

not sure how SF5's are sensitivity wise. E4C's are 109, higher = more hiss with meizu.

Nov 25, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 27
Costo. Buy.com.

It's like a battle between your conscience, and fear of the inevitable return. I guess it's the holidays.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by PopArtist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy.com had SF5 Pro's in red for $105 or $109 a couple of weeks back, I would've jumped on them were it not for the time of year w/present buying looming.

Because of the time of year, I did jump on them at that price, as a gift to my 14yr old. I did the buy.com free shipping, and got them in 4 business days for $109

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #10 of 27
wow and I thought when I got mine for 160 at amazon.com a couple of weeks ago I was getting a good deal, pretty upset about all this, but at least I have them now.

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #12 of 27
I saw this in our Costco.com ad (I work at Costco) a few days ago. They also had the SF3 Studio for pretty cheap ($49.99).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back