Ultimate DIY: the 3.5mm 1/8" mini jack plug collection thread
May 1, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #196 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What was your starting plug, I am going to half to make some of those! The cocobolo is great and would go perfect with my imod! Also I could easily cut them in half so I can make my cable really short!

From the grooves, looks like a Neutriks.

Qusp, that's sheite about the VBs. Especially as you say, considering the price.....

May 1, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #199 of 485
I've chewed through half a dozen Viablue minis and no problems yet...I'd talk to whoever sold it to you and get a replacement, that's not normal. They're all drum tight so far.

X2 for the 1/4" plug thread.

May 1, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #200 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by NelsonVandal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So many nice plugs, not a single nice panel jack
frown.gif

Why is it so?

I guess it has to do with looks. Fashion before functionality.

May 2, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #201 of 485
^^ no its because they are so scarce on the ground. so jfar the best I have used are still switchcraft although I would love a more high end solution. all the same, durability is the most important thing with panel jacks IMO

May 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #202 of 485
IMO Switchcrafts are plenty high-end. You could go crazy and cryo treat them, but I don't see the point of it since they're already super strong.
If there was something significantly better, ALO or any of the commercial cable builders would've already picked it up I think.

May 3, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #205 of 485
Wow I like the plug on that!

May 3, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #206 of 485
its just the same guts as most of these; looks identical to the cryoparts mini internals. wonder what it would take to get an OEM one done hmmm.

May 3, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #209 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarplayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From a good manufacturer that cares about quality? Multiple thousands.

Lee

biggrin.gif
eek.gif
hi Lee will get back to you about the VB tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back