UK Meet (UPDATED!) - Saturday November 7th 2009
Sep 5, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #17 of 398
Sounds great!
I want to go but I'm not sure if I can, but I will try my best to get involved into this one
popcorn.gif

Sep 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #19 of 398
I think I'll bring my vinyl rig as well, actually just for selfish reasons as I've only recently gotten back into vinyl & I'm not happy with the sound I'm getting at all. I'm hoping maybe someone more experienced in that area can tell me if I'm expecting too much, or if there's a particular problem with my setup.

Chungster...see you at the 2012 meet then :)

Sep 5, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #20 of 398
Well i have my rega p2 which is 24 years old!

Was happy with in the old days using my cyrus 1.

I was blaming the roksan phono stage but know its the dull sounding monitor audio BR5's i use. They were dull when i started using them but stupidly thought they would be better once thay were ran it.....should have kept my old celestions which were nice and bright.

So much for what hi-fi crap! Gone from 5 red stars to 4 stars now.

John

Sep 5, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #21 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'll bring my vinyl rig as well, actually just for selfish reasons as I've only recently gotten back into vinyl & I'm not happy with the sound I'm getting at all. I'm hoping maybe someone more experienced in that area can tell me if I'm expecting too much, or if there's a particular problem with my setup.

Chungster...see you at the 2012 meet then :)

When I'm 18...I'll see you then!
wink.gif
Someone organise a big meet up in Leicester please
tongue.gif

Sep 5, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #22 of 398
Hi

If you were on my route to manchester i would happily pick you up and try and encourage your parents to allow you follow a good passion. After all many young people are brain dead and you show that many are into good causes as such. My wife and 9 year old son will be attending as he uses my amp and phones many times each week. Sorry you cant attend.

John

P.S hes also into man u so is after going to a match that day so much for a night out without him!

Sep 5, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #23 of 398
I'm definitely up for both nights and will bring my K340's, SR225 woodies (if not sold) and Ack! Dack. I'd love to bring my turntable in the hope someone could set it up better than me, but it wouldn't really work on a train. Could also bring all my IEM's if anyone is interested? Actually then I can switch them depending on what I'm listening to on the journey up... they're all coming!

or in a helpful list:

AKG K340 (Headphile modded)
Grado SR225 (ALO woodies/Jena cable) - if not sold
Ack! Dack 1.3e - if not really heavy
UE Triple.fi
Klipsch Image X10
Phonak PFE
Imod + Auricap dock + GS Voyager

This will be my first meet, I hope the expensive stuff isn't too much better than what I have or people might be getting cheaper Christmas presents
redface.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #24 of 398
I'm still interested and will try my best to get there. Don't have anything of note besides all that's listed in my profile, but I plan to do something about that soon, so will hopefully have a bit more to bring.

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #25 of 398
Even though Mrs. Sawdust is about to give birth in a couple of weeks,she has given me the green light to attend the "do".
Will bring following:

Darkvoice 337se
Monarchy NM24 dac
Teac P700 Trichord modded transport
Blue Dragon v3 cabled Senn HD650
And hopefully if i get a decent tax return,a pair of JVC HA-DX1000

Sep 6, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #26 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by alvin sawdust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though Mrs. Sawdust is about to give birth in a couple of weeks,she has given me the green light to attend the "do".
Will bring following:

Darkvoice 337se
Monarchy NM24 dac
Teac P700 Trichord modded transport
Blue moon v3 cabled Senn HD650
And hopefully if i get a decent tax return,a pair of JVC HA-DX1000

Congratulations! We have a 2.5 yr old and a 5 month old. They're a handful alright, but good fun. I'm sure you'll be glad to have a day's break by then
wink_face.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #27 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations! We have a 2.5 yr old and a 5 month old. They're a handful alright, but good fun. I'm sure you'll be glad to have a day's break by then
wink_face.gif

Thanks,i'm sure it will be a welcome break
confused_face.gif

I have a 4.5 year old who stays with me every other weekend,fortunately it's not the weekend of the 7th
happy_face1.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #28 of 398
Contemplating attending the meet - not sure about it yet, but if I do I'll be bringing the following:

GS-1000, K701, K271, K141
Heed CanAmp, USB Monica DAC, SSMH, MacBook Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back