UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Apr 24, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #947 of 981
I may be able to provide wifi at the meet - it will all depend on the 3 coverage at the social club. It won't be a problem to provide that for anyone who needs it . Just come to my table and ask. 
It won't be suitable for downloading hi res tracks but it'll handle streaming via spotify etc.

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #951 of 981
Sorry to hear that, hope to see you at another meet in the future. :)

Unfortunately womt be able to make it. Got other commitments. Hope you all a good time.

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #952 of 981
A bit late i know, but a little local information for those that do not know the area.. The travel Lodge Lolworth at Bar Hill is actually on the A14 and you have to go up to the next Junction, Cambridge Services, to turn round and come back to Bar Hill, the Menzies is actually off the A14 at Bar Hill and is a good class hotel.. Coming into bar Hill to get to the Sports and Social club you can go either left or right around the periphery road as it's a big loop around the outside of the village, personally going left is easiest.. I seem to recall that signposting is apparent, if not it's off The Spinney..
There is a massive Tescos in bar Hill with all the usual goodies can be located there, next to Tescos there is a Fish and Chip Shop that is fairly average, but expensive.. The pub in the village is called The Fox and is reasonable, reports on the food they serve is reasonable..
Please don't leave anything of value on display in your vehicles, the area does have it's Na'er do wells, and whilst opportunistic car crime is rare in daylight hours it's not unheard of..

I would also agree with what Smial said in the post about challenging people who are trying to get in who are not part of the event, and who could view this as an easy way to spirit away things..

Cambridge is a lovely City and for those visiting it if you want any suggestions on where to eat/drink or go to see things then I would be more than happy to make suggestions...
looking forward to meeting you guys tommorow..
K9

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #953 of 981
Thanks for the additional info, but I'd presume that folks staying at Lolworth Travelodge would at least know where it is and how to get there at this late juncture.

As stated in the first thread post, the venue is in a residential area, so if you find yourself going down a cul-de-sac after following the SAT NAV location instructions then you're in the right place. Incidentally, the Sports and Social Club is well sign posted upon entry to Bar Hill Village.

Bar Hill is a very safe area made up of predominantly middle class households, so I don't think that theft from vehicles is an issue, particularly as the venue is extremely busy with lots of coming and going. Moreover, there is usually a fast food van resident in the car park and apparently he's quite vigilant watching the vehicular traffic.

Cheers,
Andy.

A bit late i know, but a little local information for those that do not know the area.. The travel Lodge Lolworth at Bar Hill is actually on the A14 and you have to go up to the next Junction, Cambridge Services, to turn round and come back to Bar Hill, the Menzies is actually off the A14 at Bar Hill and is a good class hotel.. Coming into bar Hill to get to the Sports and Social club you can go either left or right around the periphery road as it's a big loop around the outside of the village, personally going left is easiest.. I seem to recall that signposting is apparent, if not it's off The Spinney..
There is a massive Tescos in bar Hill with all the usual goodies can be located there, next to Tescos there is a Fish and Chip Shop that is fairly average, but expensive.. The pub in the village is called The Fox and is reasonable, reports on the food they serve is reasonable..
Please don't leave anything of value on display in your vehicles, the area does have it's Na'er do wells, and whilst opportunistic car crime is rare in daylight hours it's not unheard of..

I would also agree with what Smial said in the post about challenging people who are trying to get in who are not part of the event, and who could view this as an easy way to spirit away things..

Cambridge is a lovely City and for those visiting it if you want any suggestions on where to eat/drink or go to see things then I would be more than happy to make suggestions...
looking forward to meeting you guys tommorow..
K9

Apr 24, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #957 of 981
Looking forward to the meet. Very excited!!

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #960 of 981
Hmm...

I'm going to end up being a late arrival, maybe 12-1, even though am up now (and only live an hour away), I need to head into London first, and then back out late morning...

Pah! - anyway, i'll be there when I can, hopefully not too hot and bothered by that point (assuming as this is a sports / recreation centre, that there are facilities should I want / need to freshen up, if someone can post back to the thread when confirmed, that'll be great!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back