UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Apr 21, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #856 of 981
We plan to have large circular tables in the centre of the hall (electricity enabled) for attendees with small to medium sized gear, and medium sized rectangular tables adjacent to the walls (twin sockets nearby) for folks bringing large sized kit along.

Criterion Audio will have one long wall lined with tables and RHA a table or two wherever they decide to set up.   

Quote:

I am going to bring my Audio Technica ATH-W1000X.

Cheers!

That's another headphone I've not heard before , please be sure to bring it over to my table !
Trev

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #857 of 981
Sorry to anyone looking forward to hear the A2000X, I have recently sold it to a friend and won't be in.

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #858 of 981
Just realized I haven't shared any info about gear I'll be bringing to the meet. Looked through the current list and it seems like no one else is bringing these yet:

1,) Ultrasone PROline 550 (with velvet ear pads of the PRO750)
2.) Philips Fidelio S2
3.) Limited Edition FiiO E12 DIY (including an additional OPA627 in my op-amp inventory)

I'm also bringing an old (sticker on the bottom says September 1996) Panasonic SL-SW404 MASH portable CD player (apparently made in Japan) which I got quite recently from a charity shop. It didn't come with an adapter but can fortunately be powered by 2 AA batteries. It seems to have A LOT of juice so I'm curious and would like to try it out with all sorts of full-sized headphones at the meet!

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #859 of 981
Sorry to anyone looking forward to hear the A2000X, I have recently sold it to a friend and won't be in.

I can bring my AD2000s if anyone was looking forward to hearing these (wasn't going to due to having a broken band and someone was bringing the 2KX) If Anyone happens to have a spare band or knows how to source one then let me know :).

Also, anyone likely to have a spare stand I can use for my setup? I have a big wooden one for my TH900s but would like to avoid bringing it as I'm trying to pack light.

Much love,

-Matt 

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #862 of 981
Competition winners announced later today. Apologies for delay but been a bit busy. 

Quote:
  What was the winning entry on those band names and debut albums? Did I miss it?

Apr 21, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #863 of 981
Raffle prize update:

Custom Canshttp://www.customcans.co.uk/ - have kindly donated a pair of Beyer Custom Ones uniquely customised by the illustrator Paul Newman.

These are a one off pair and totally unique. Wow.  
eek.gif

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #865 of 981
Hi, haven't had time to read whole thread yet, but will be attending with my wife. First meet after joining this crazy hobby 18 months ago. Do I need to PM? Looking forward to seeing so much gear, Andrew.

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #866 of 981
Hi Andrew, thanks for letting us know, I've added you +1 to the meet attendees list. Cheers, Andy. :)

Hi, haven't had time to read whole thread yet, but will be attending with my wife. First meet after joining this crazy hobby 18 months ago. Do I need to PM? Looking forward to seeing so much gear, Andrew.

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #868 of 981
Acapella11, sure thing, you're now a +1 on the meet attendees list.
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
Hi Andrew, I would like to bring a guest to the meet. Also, I am planning to bring my
1) Questyle CMA800
2) Sennheiser HD800
3) Audiolab M-DAC

Cheers

Apr 22, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #870 of 981
For those procrastinating about pre-registering for Saturday's meet, the pre-registration closes on Friday 24th April at noon and is restricted to 125 pre-registrants. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back