UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Sep 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #1,261 of 1,381
WORLD PREMIERE!

[size=large]Tellurium Q Iridium Listen Headphone Amplifier.[/size]

David Brook the proprieter of http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/ sent me an intriguing email announcing the release of a new product from Tellurium Q, but with no other details about this mysterious item. Being an inquisitive sort I asked for more information and David has kindly provided the details below.

[size=medium]Tellurium Q Iridium Listen Headphone Amplifier. [/size][size=large]World's first demonstration at the UK Head-Fi meeting.[/size]

[size=large]£1236.00 Class A headphone amp with built in pre-amp.[/size]

1. [size=large] Two 1/4” headphone Jack outputs. With either output able to drive loading from 8Ω to 64Ω simultaneously.[/size]
  2. [size=large] Thyristor memory controlled inputs.
    [/size]
  3. [size=large] Hum rejection technology.

[/size]
  4. [size=large] Quad regulated power supplies.
    [/size]
  5. [size=large] Headphone output driven by single ended class A power amplifier stages, please note that this is somewhat better than just an A class stage.
    [/size]
  6. [size=large] [size=medium]Three RCA phono stereo inputs and one MP3 input via 3.5mm socket.[/size]

[/size]
  7. [size=large] Input loading impedance 47 KΩ for all inputs (so will take pretty much any input).

[/size]
  8. [size=large] Automatically selected Inputs controlled with a fifth isolated regulated power supply to further reduce the interference and noise floor.[/size]
    [size=large]  [/size]
    Photo's to follow tomorrow.
    [size=large]  [/size]
    [size=large] Cheers,[/size]
    [size=large]  [/size]
    [size=large] Andy.[/size]

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #1,262 of 1,381
Their power amplifier and preamp+phono have both had glowing reviews in the press 

Quote:
WORLD PREMIERE!

David Brook the proprieter of http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/ sent me an intriguing email announcing the release of a new product from Tellurium Q, but with no other details about this mysterious item. Being an inquisitive sort I asked for more information and David has kindly provided the details below.

[size=medium]Tellurium Q Iridium Listen Headphone Amplifier. [/size][size=large]World's first demonstration at the UK Head-Fi meeting.[/size]

1. [size=large] Two 1/4” headphone Jack outputs. With either output able to drive loading from 8Ω to 64Ω simultaneously.[/size]
    [/size]

[/size]
    [/size]
  5. [size=large] Headphone output driven by single ended class A power amplifier stages, please note that this is somewhat better than just an A class stage.
    [/size]
  6. [size=large] [size=medium]Three RCA phono stereo inputs and one MP3 input via 3.5mm socket.[/size]

[/size]
  7. [size=large] Input loading impedance 47 KΩ for all inputs (so will take pretty much any input).

[/size]
  8. [size=large] Automatically selected Inputs controlled with a fifth isolated regulated power supply to further reduce the interference and noise floor.[/size]
    [size=large]  [/size]
    [size=large]  [/size]
    [size=large]  [/size]

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #1,263 of 1,381
Quote:
WORLD PREMIERE!

[/size]

[/size]
    [/size]
    [/size]

[/size]

[/size]
    [size=large]  [/size]
    [size=large]  [/size]
    [size=large]  [/size]

Spoke to David about this earlier. Definitely sounds like an interesting product. I have some of the Tellurium Q speaker cables & I'm very happy with them. If this is half as well received as their cables we'll be in for a treat.

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #1,265 of 1,381
Quote:
OT: Anyone else get as frustrated as me trying to get hold of FLAC files? Or you all still using your CDs... Whatever they are :D

I tend to magically turn my CDs into FLAC files using a computer. If you're looking to (legally) get hold of FLAC files you'll have trouble outside of offbeat services like Bandcamp that offer a variety of formats or audiophile-specific services like HDTracks. For me, buying the CD and ripping it myself is usually easier and cheaper, even if I do never use the CD again.

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #1,268 of 1,381
vkvedam,

It's even more exciting now that Graham Slee http://www.gspaudio.co.uk/ has decided that he doesn't want the Novo or Voyager headphone amps returned after being demoed on Saturday, so both of these fine products will be entered into the charity raffle as prizes.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Exciting, waiting for Saturday now....

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #1,270 of 1,381
Rats. The person I'm going with has had to drop out so I don't have a means of getting up there. I could get the train but I'd preferred to have booked a LOT earlier in advance as to save some £££. Is anyone from SE London going that I could haggle a lift from? I can also use my zones 1-6 travelcard to get to anywhere in London I could blag a lift from as well. Help!

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #1,272 of 1,381
Sep 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #1,273 of 1,381
Mattyhew,

Don't look so pensive, smile man smile!

wink_face.gif

Andy.

Quote:
Shirts have arrived in all their glory, here is a Large expertly modled by me :D

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #1,275 of 1,381
Do sponsors get a FREE tee shirt then, make it large!

The TQ headphone amp is warmed up and ready for listening to on Saturday, I have to say it is stupendous even with a lowly set of HD600's. I even had to drive to a customers house this afternoon to get the loan set of HifiMan HE400's back off him
so I could listen with something decent. Tomorrow the HE6 arrives so I am looking forward to that, the amp takes a 3.5mm input and has 2 outputs on the front which will be great for me as 2 people can listen at once with different cans, and as I will have
2 amps at the show twice as much fun! 

So hoping to bring:-

Furutechs new Esprit DAC
Furutech GT40
Audiolab M-DAC Linear PSU (just launched and receiving excellent reviews already)
Squeezebox Touch + Linear PSU (hifi chocie 5 star awarded product)
Canor Headphone Amplifier
Canor Tube CD Player

and some special offers on mains goodies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back