UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Jun 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #646 of 1,381
hello headphone fans
sorry I have been rather busy and forgot all about the september meet, I have booked a table at the show so will bring an alladins' cave of goodies for you all to listen to and look at, of course there will be the fill hifiMAN range, others no doubt will bring some too, I also intend to bring the Furutech GT40 to the show and the new Furutech Esprit DAC/Headphone amp when it finally arrives in the UK, its been delayed due to a shortage of computer chips. Oyaide make a fine set of up-grade cables for many popular headphones so I will bring some of those as well. As far as headphone amplifiers go I have heard quite a few over the years but there is one that takes some beating for the money. The Canor TP10 Valve Headphone Amplifier. 

Please see me at the show for a special offer on this, or if you cannot wait till then contact via my website. Finally I have donated some goodies to the cause, plenty for everyone.

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #647 of 1,381
David,

Would you kindly send me a PM detailing what you intend to donate to the charity raffle and I'll add the items to the prize list.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
hello headphone fans
sorry I have been rather busy and forgot all about the september meet, I have booked a table at the show so will bring an alladins' cave of goodies for you all to listen to and look at, of course there will be the fill hifiMAN range, others no doubt will bring some too, I also intend to bring the Furutech GT40 to the show and the new Furutech Esprit DAC/Headphone amp when it finally arrives in the UK, its been delayed due to a shortage of computer chips. Oyaide make a fine set of up-grade cables for many popular headphones so I will bring some of those as well. As far as headphone amplifiers go I have heard quite a few over the years but there is one that takes some beating for the money. The Canor TP10 Valve Headphone Amplifier.

Please see me at the show for a special offer on this, or if you cannot wait till then contact via my website. Finally I have donated some goodies to the cause, plenty for everyone.

Jun 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #648 of 1,381
Raffle update...

There will be another fantastic raffle prize update this weekend.

So start thinking about an analogue sounding DAC with an innovative power supply that `sounds' silky smooth and extremely non digital. As part of the package that I've agreed with the manufacturer, there'll be a quality mains and USB cable bundled with the DAC too.

Good stuff!

Andy.  

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #649 of 1,381
Quote:
Guys,

Here's a clue. By regional I mean the counties of Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. Also, the festival title mentions a specific musical genre.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Ely Folk Festival?   I have been a couple of times, mainly to get to hear Eric Bogle. Otherwise it is Cropredy for me :)

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #650 of 1,381
Nice, pretty sure you've got that right!
Quote:

Ely Folk Festival?   I have been a couple of times, mainly to get to hear Eric Bogle. Otherwise it is Cropredy for me :)

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #651 of 1,381
John Dawson,

You are correct and are now the proud owner of a Bottlehead.com baseball cap.  
beerchug.gif

For those of you not familiar with Ely Folk Festival - http://www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk/ - it's a splendid weekend of great music, questionable dancing and mellow times. Attendee numbers are strictly controlled so there's always plenty of room to roam about. Whilst the festival doesn't attract `mega stars', the acts are always top quality and I've discovered some real musical gems there. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #653 of 1,381
Being from East Anglia and proud of my Nordic ancestry, I'd be somewhat perturbed to be considered a `Southerner'.

wink_face.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
of course it's ok for you southerners to go, it's a bit of a treck from "up north"

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #654 of 1,381
Can confirm I'll be able to bring an NAD M51 DAC... because I just bought one for my speakers. If anyone is interested in slotting it in between their laptop and headphone amp I'd be happy to leave it plugged in their all day as I'll try and make it for start to finish.

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #655 of 1,381
Somnambulist,

Congratulations on your purchase.

The NAD M51 DAC will be a fine addition to the meet and I've added it to the equipment list.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Can confirm I'll be able to bring an NAD M51 DAC... because I just bought one for my speakers. If anyone is interested in slotting it in between their laptop and headphone amp I'd be happy to leave it plugged in their all day as I'll try and make it for start to finish.

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #656 of 1,381
Raffle update...

Unfortunately Teddy Pardo won't be joining us in September as he has a wedding to attend. 

Teddy has very generously agreed to ship over a TeddyDAC for demonstration at the meet and then inclusion into the charity raffle. Here's a website link - http://teddypardo.com/Products/DACs/DACs.html

TeddyDACFront1_Normal.jpg
TeddyDAC_Connect_Normal.jpg

What a fantastic prize!

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Raffle update...

There will be another fantastic raffle prize update this weekend.

So start thinking about an analogue sounding DAC with an innovative power supply that `sounds' silky smooth and extremely non digital. As part of the package that I've agreed with the manufacturer, there'll be a quality mains and USB cable bundled with the DAC too.

Good stuff!

Andy.  

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #657 of 1,381
This meet is just getting bigger and bigger. Very well done on getting so much attention, it is just much more known than the meet we had last year.

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #658 of 1,381
Ra97oR,

Thanks for your encouragement. 
L3000.gif

I really hope that lots of folks attend the meet and have a great time. Audio manufacturers are shipping some nice gear for demonstration and inclusion in the raffle, so it'd be nice to repay their commitment by generating a few sales leads for them.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
This meet is just getting bigger and bigger. Very well done on getting so much attention, it is just much more known than the meet we had last year.

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #659 of 1,381
Forgot to mention earlier that the TeddyDAC will come bundled with good quality mains and USB cables too.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Raffle update...

Unfortunately Teddy Pardo won't be joining us in September as he has a wedding to attend. 

Teddy has very generously agreed to ship over a TeddyDAC for demonstration at the meet and then inclusion into the charity raffle. Here's a website link - http://teddypardo.com/Products/DACs/DACs.html

TeddyDACFront1_Normal.jpg
TeddyDAC_Connect_Normal.jpg

What a fantastic prize!

Cheers,

Andy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back