1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.

First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Next

Last
  1. Mattyhew
    Quote:

While I have grown to appreciate a good ale in my few years, the mystical art of MONO recordings still alludes me, I should inform you however I am a staunch disciple O' Great King of MONO :p

2. jr41
    Quote:

I'll do a search to understand more about the sonic impact of applying these wood preservatives. Given the lengths I've seen the Grado modding community go to, I'm sure it's been done!

3. smial1966
    jr41,

RFI interference is a major factor too and contributes to deleterious sound, so make a tin foil hat and wear it underneath your Grado's, as the metal content of the foil refracts the RFI. If brain overheating occurs, a colander is a good breathable alternative.

[​IMG]

Andy.

Quote:

4. smial1966
    POST MEET SOIREE

Guys,

A few meet attendees have mentioned a post meet get together and I think that it would be great to have an informal drink/meal together.

So... how about convening here around 18:00 as it's nearby to the event venue and Travelodge -  http://www.menzieshotels.co.uk/hotels/south-central/cambridge/how-to-find-us/

The restaurant is open to non guests and the sample menu looks pretty good - http://www.menzieshotels.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Menzies-Cambridge-Sample-Menu.pdf

I'll need to ascertain potential numbers and book a table(s) - so please shout if you're interested in dining.

Cheers,

Andy. 

5. MrQ
    Put me down on the list Andy.

6. JoetheArachnid
    I'm interested in the dining - though somewhat concerned about the lack of puddings on that menu. [​IMG]

7. smial1966
    JoetheArachnid,

There may be a separate dessert trolley packed with scrumptious puddings and other sweet treats!

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

8. FragmentedGod
    Sounds good to me Andy!

9. jr41
    Please put me down for the meal Andy. Cheers.

10. big-man
    please put myself and a friend down for the dinner =)

11. JoetheArachnid
    Okay, my guest has confirmed that he'll be attending and would also like to come to the meal. So that's one extra.

12. eskimo
    Quote:

Surprised no-ones jumped on this. I don't have a use for one of these cause i got a J3, and it drives pretty well with my phones [​IMG]

Quote:

I'll have to have a think about this. £20 for food is allot for me, despite how well worded their descriptions are.

13. geeta182
    I personally would be very grateful to try out the pa2v2. Audio is a new hobby for me (and one that is taking all my time) but i haven't got a portable amp for 2 reason, firstly money doesn't come exactly easy to me...and also I have read around that portable amps might not be worth the money? So I thought my money would be better spent getting good headphones instead of dividing my money up for both an amp and headphones. I currently use a saunas clip+ and some vmoda m80s, which is as far as my budget currently takes me. So like I said the pa2v2 would me greatly appreciated :)

14. FragmentedGod
    geeta182,

I think you've chosen a really good pair of headphones.  I haven't heard the PA2V2 so I can't comment on how well it works with the M80s, but from my experience the M80s don't change as much with a portable amp.  Compared to the clip+ though you'd probably have a much cleaner output so it definitely wouldn't hurt!

Some headphones respond a lot more to what's driving them, so it's really hard to know in advance.  I'm really interested in trying a bunch of different setups at the meet to find the best pairings (for my tastes).

Chase

15. smial1966
    geeta182,

As the sole entrant thus far, I'd say that you're in a pretty good position to receive the amp!

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:

First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Next

Last