1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.

First

Back
65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
Next

Last
  1. smial1966
    If you book a room?!?

No iffy wiffy do it soon Smithy, book the Travelodge and let's organise a post meet dinner.

Cheers,

Andy.

2. Mattyhew
    Quote:
    Are we younguns welcome? or you all going to be talking about "the good old days" :p

Just kidding, id be well up for some post event feastings :)

3. JoetheArachnid
    Quote:
    I figured that since this is the internet I would excercise my right to exaggerate wildly. [​IMG]
    Point is, you've been exceptionally generous and I think that's bloody impressive on top of all the organisation you've been doing.

4. OK-Guy
    +1

5. David1961
    I'm debating what to do but supposing I was to bring my Headphones + Amp + Source to this event, I'm guessing I'd also have to bring some of my CD's ?

6. julianbell92
    Does anyone know if there are any UK head-fiers with Sennheiser HE90/HEV90s that might like to come along to the meet?

7. jr41
    Quote:

Ha ha. It's somewhat dependent on funds; I'm on me hols the week before the meet, so the coffers are under strain - to the point of micro management in fact!

Even if I don't book somewhere to stay I'll stick around for the evening social as I wouldn't want to miss that.

8. jr41
    Quote:

Yeah, you'll need to bring some music along if you want to give an effective demo of your gear [​IMG]

9. smial1966
    Mattyhew,

Post meet us hoary oldies will be supping our warm real ale and bemoaning the demise of MONO recordings - STEREO is just so wrong and sounds awful.  

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Andy.
    Quote:

10. OK-Guy
    Quote:

get a pair of mono-blocks... that's you sorted, thank me later  [​IMG]

11. smial1966
    jr41,

I'll shout you a beverage or two at the meal so don't worry about drinks. Have you considered camping as a low cost alternative to the Travelodge?

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

12. OK-Guy
    Quote:

you could always go camping-lite if you're on a micro-budget... bus shelter & newspapers [​IMG]

13. smial1966
    JoetheArachnid,

Thank you kindly! 

It's actually been fun contacting audio companies and seeing who agrees to send gear to demo at the meet. Plus it'll be nice to raise a few quid for charity.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

14. jr41
    Quote:

I don't mind a bit of camping but I'm not sure my wooden cupped Grado's will fair well if it's damp! That's a kind offer, thanks; I just need to exercise a little frugality (something no head-fi'er gets enough practice in!) and hotels, etc. shouldn't be a problem.

15. smial1966
    jr41,

A coat or two of Cuprinol or Ronseal and your woodies will withstand the worst vestiges of the British weather! 

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

First

Back
65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
Next

Last