UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
post-8619131
Post #1,111 of 1,381

smial1966

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
2,340
Reaction score
297
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Posts
2,340
Likes
297
If you book a room?!?

No iffy wiffy do it soon Smithy, book the Travelodge and let's organise a post meet dinner.

Cheers,

Andy.


If I book a room it'll likely be for the Saturday night as that's when the post meet social is.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8619172
Post #1,112 of 1,381

Mattyhew

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
222
Reaction score
13
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Posts
222
Likes
13
Quote:
If you book a room?!?
No iffy wiffy do it soon Smithy, book the Travelodge and let's organise a post meet dinner.
Cheers,
Andy.
Are we younguns welcome? or you all going to be talking about "the good old days" :p
 
Just kidding, id be well up for some post event feastings :)
 
     Share This Post       
post-8619717
Post #1,113 of 1,381

JoetheArachnid

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 10, 2010
Messages
702
Reaction score
42
Joined
May 10, 2010
Posts
702
Likes
42
Quote:
Huh,
Please explain the £5000 prize thingy as I know nothing about it!
Cheers,
Andy.
I figured that since this is the internet I would excercise my right to exaggerate wildly.

Point is, you've been exceptionally generous and I think that's bloody impressive on top of all the organisation you've been doing.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8620809
Post #1,115 of 1,381

David1961

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 29, 2010
Messages
2,023
Reaction score
81
Joined
Dec 29, 2010
Posts
2,023
Likes
81
I'm debating what to do but supposing I was to bring my Headphones + Amp + Source to this event, I'm guessing I'd also have to bring some of my CD's ?
 
     Share This Post       
post-8621023
Post #1,116 of 1,381

julianbell92

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
275
Reaction score
12
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Posts
275
Likes
12
Does anyone know if there are any UK head-fiers with Sennheiser HE90/HEV90s that might like to come along to the meet?
 
     Share This Post       
post-8621165
Post #1,117 of 1,381

jr41

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
578
Reaction score
25
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Posts
578
Likes
25
Quote:
If you book a room?!?
No iffy wiffy do it soon Smithy, book the Travelodge and let's organise a post meet dinner.
Cheers,
Andy.
 
Ha ha. It's somewhat dependent on funds; I'm on me hols the week before the meet, so the coffers are under strain - to the point of micro management in fact!
 
Even if I don't book somewhere to stay I'll stick around for the evening social as I wouldn't want to miss that.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8621170
Post #1,118 of 1,381

jr41

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
578
Reaction score
25
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Posts
578
Likes
25
Quote:
I'm debating what to do but supposing I was to bring my Headphones + Amp + Source to this event, I'm guessing I'd also have to bring some of my CD's ?
 
Yeah, you'll need to bring some music along if you want to give an effective demo of your gear 

 
     Share This Post       
post-8621192
Post #1,119 of 1,381

smial1966

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
2,340
Reaction score
297
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Posts
2,340
Likes
297
Mattyhew,
 
Post meet us hoary oldies will be supping our warm real ale and bemoaning the demise of MONO recordings - STEREO is just so wrong and sounds awful.  
 

 
Cheers,
 
Andy.
Quote:
Are we younguns welcome? or you all going to be talking about "the good old days" :p
 
Just kidding, id be well up for some post event feastings :)
 
     Share This Post       
post-8621201
Post #1,120 of 1,381

OK-Guy

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 2, 2012
Messages
4,012
Reaction score
725
Location
Kent, England.
Joined
Jan 2, 2012
Location
Kent, England.
Posts
4,012
Likes
725
Quote:
Mattyhew,
 
Post meet us hoary oldies will be supping our warm real ale and bemoaning the demise of MONO recordings - STEREO is just so wrong and sounds awful.  
 

 
Cheers,
 
Andy.
 
get a pair of mono-blocks... that's you sorted, thank me later  

 
     Share This Post       
post-8621202
Post #1,121 of 1,381

smial1966

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
2,340
Reaction score
297
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Posts
2,340
Likes
297
jr41,
 
I'll shout you a beverage or two at the meal so don't worry about drinks. Have you considered camping as a low cost alternative to the Travelodge?
 
Cheers,
 
Andy.
 
Quote:
 
Ha ha. It's somewhat dependent on funds; I'm on me hols the week before the meet, so the coffers are under strain - to the point of micro management in fact!
 
Even if I don't book somewhere to stay I'll stick around for the evening social as I wouldn't want to miss that.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8621207
Post #1,122 of 1,381

OK-Guy

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 2, 2012
Messages
4,012
Reaction score
725
Location
Kent, England.
Joined
Jan 2, 2012
Location
Kent, England.
Posts
4,012
Likes
725
Quote:
Have you considered camping as a low cost alternative to the Travelodge?
 
you could always go camping-lite if you're on a micro-budget... bus shelter & newspapers

 
     Share This Post       
post-8621211
Post #1,123 of 1,381

smial1966

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
2,340
Reaction score
297
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Posts
2,340
Likes
297
JoetheArachnid,
 
Thank you kindly! 
 
It's actually been fun contacting audio companies and seeing who agrees to send gear to demo at the meet. Plus it'll be nice to raise a few quid for charity.
 
Cheers,
 
Andy.
 
Quote:
I figured that since this is the internet I would excercise my right to exaggerate wildly.

Point is, you've been exceptionally generous and I think that's bloody impressive on top of all the organisation you've been doing.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8621490
Post #1,124 of 1,381

jr41

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
578
Reaction score
25
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Posts
578
Likes
25
Quote:
jr41,
 
I'll shout you a beverage or two at the meal so don't worry about drinks. Have you considered camping as a low cost alternative to the Travelodge?
 
Cheers,
 
Andy.
 
 
I don't mind a bit of camping but I'm not sure my wooden cupped Grado's will fair well if it's damp! That's a kind offer, thanks; I just need to exercise a little frugality (something no head-fi'er gets enough practice in!) and hotels, etc. shouldn't be a problem.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8621992
Post #1,125 of 1,381

smial1966

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
2,340
Reaction score
297
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Posts
2,340
Likes
297
jr41,
 
A coat or two of Cuprinol or Ronseal and your woodies will withstand the worst vestiges of the British weather! 
 
Cheers,
 
Andy.
 
Quote:
 
I don't mind a bit of camping but I'm not sure my wooden cupped Grado's will fair well if it's damp! That's a kind offer, thanks; I just need to exercise a little frugality (something no head-fi'er gets enough practice in!) and hotels, etc. shouldn't be a problem.
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top