UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Aug 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #1,111 of 1,381
If you book a room?!?

No iffy wiffy do it soon Smithy, book the Travelodge and let's organise a post meet dinner.

Cheers,

Andy.

If I book a room it'll likely be for the Saturday night as that's when the post meet social is.

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #1,113 of 1,381
Quote:
Huh,
Please explain the £5000 prize thingy as I know nothing about it!
Cheers,
Andy.

I figured that since this is the internet I would excercise my right to exaggerate wildly.
wink.gif

Point is, you've been exceptionally generous and I think that's bloody impressive on top of all the organisation you've been doing.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #1,116 of 1,381
Does anyone know if there are any UK head-fiers with Sennheiser HE90/HEV90s that might like to come along to the meet?

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #1,117 of 1,381
Quote:
If you book a room?!?
No iffy wiffy do it soon Smithy, book the Travelodge and let's organise a post meet dinner.
Cheers,
Andy.

Ha ha. It's somewhat dependent on funds; I'm on me hols the week before the meet, so the coffers are under strain - to the point of micro management in fact!

Even if I don't book somewhere to stay I'll stick around for the evening social as I wouldn't want to miss that.

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #1,118 of 1,381
Quote:
I'm debating what to do but supposing I was to bring my Headphones + Amp + Source to this event, I'm guessing I'd also have to bring some of my CD's ?

Yeah, you'll need to bring some music along if you want to give an effective demo of your gear 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #1,119 of 1,381
Mattyhew,

Post meet us hoary oldies will be supping our warm real ale and bemoaning the demise of MONO recordings - STEREO is just so wrong and sounds awful.  

wink_face.gif

Cheers,

Andy.
Quote:
Are we younguns welcome? or you all going to be talking about "the good old days" :p

Just kidding, id be well up for some post event feastings :)

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #1,121 of 1,381
jr41,

I'll shout you a beverage or two at the meal so don't worry about drinks. Have you considered camping as a low cost alternative to the Travelodge?

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

Ha ha. It's somewhat dependent on funds; I'm on me hols the week before the meet, so the coffers are under strain - to the point of micro management in fact!

Even if I don't book somewhere to stay I'll stick around for the evening social as I wouldn't want to miss that.

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #1,123 of 1,381
JoetheArachnid,

Thank you kindly! 

It's actually been fun contacting audio companies and seeing who agrees to send gear to demo at the meet. Plus it'll be nice to raise a few quid for charity.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
I figured that since this is the internet I would excercise my right to exaggerate wildly.
wink.gif

Point is, you've been exceptionally generous and I think that's bloody impressive on top of all the organisation you've been doing.

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #1,124 of 1,381
Quote:
jr41,

I'll shout you a beverage or two at the meal so don't worry about drinks. Have you considered camping as a low cost alternative to the Travelodge?

Cheers,

Andy.

I don't mind a bit of camping but I'm not sure my wooden cupped Grado's will fair well if it's damp! That's a kind offer, thanks; I just need to exercise a little frugality (something no head-fi'er gets enough practice in!) and hotels, etc. shouldn't be a problem.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #1,125 of 1,381
jr41,

A coat or two of Cuprinol or Ronseal and your woodies will withstand the worst vestiges of the British weather! 

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

I don't mind a bit of camping but I'm not sure my wooden cupped Grado's will fair well if it's damp! That's a kind offer, thanks; I just need to exercise a little frugality (something no head-fi'er gets enough practice in!) and hotels, etc. shouldn't be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back