UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Aug 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #1,007 of 1,381
Dazhead,

Congratulations on winning! 

As your winning entry was somewhat lacklustre, would you care to beguile us now with your acerbic wit?  
wink_face.gif

Please PM me your address and I'll arrange to post your prizes.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Thanks. Was planning to put something highly amusing and wItty (Oscar Wilde style) but the missis was nagging me for the iPad so just put in what I thought was 999 and gave up. Must have only got it by a second or two.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #1,008 of 1,381
Unfortunately the attention drawn to my intellectual humour (or lack thereof) will undoubtedly lead to a huge disappointment. I'll hit you with it when you least expect it for full effect....so be prepared!!!

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #1,012 of 1,381
OK guys I'm back from a restful sojourn in Brittany.  
L3000.gif

Mindful of the fact that a meet equipment list update is long overdue, I need your help to add items that I've inadvertently omitted. So... please peruse the list in thread message 1 and if your gear isn't listed PM me your kit.

Thank you kindly.

Cheers,

Andy.

P.S. I'll devise another fiendishly difficult competition soon with a spectacular prize. 

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #1,014 of 1,381
Quote:
Ah good.
So we'll have SR007, SR009, BHSE, and LL to compare if we want to.
Personally, I'm curious how a SR007+BHSE will compare to a SR009+LL.
What source will you have?

A really good source, either a Ayre/ Esoteric cd player or maybe the top USB Dac from Schiit. What i have read a heard from people i trust is these amps have people on both side of the camps some people like one and then other people like the other but when you say if you have to have one which one would you stick with they say LL, but of course this is only there interpretation and everyone is difference that is what is so good about this industry it's never straight forward?

Aug 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #1,015 of 1,381
Hello there

Looking at a DAC myself. Have a loan of one at the moment and it has really opened up the soundstage and brought out detail.

@julianbell92 Be interested in what you think about the Teac UD-H01 once you have lived with it for a while.

Not looked at the Schiit DAC, but may have a read up on the Bifrost, as it can do 24/192 via USB, which is what I need.

Also been following a thread about the Yulong Sabre D18.

But looking forward to the meet. Gives everyone a chance to listen to equipment that they wouldn't have a chance to else where. Especially a newbie like myself.

Cheers Frank

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #1,017 of 1,381
Quote:
Hi Andy,
Coming back to titusgroans question, do you do a formal registry for the meet or is it just enough if I write it's me, my friend and potentially a headphone joining in? =)

That should just do just fine! Its just a turn up affair!

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #1,018 of 1,381
Acapella11,

Regardless of Swimsonny being factually correct in that meet attendees can just turn up with gear, if you intend to bring equipment with you please PM me and list your kit, as the venue has finite space and is already bursting at the seams. So I need to determine whether there'll be enough table space for all the equipment.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Hi Andy,
Coming back to titusgroans question, do you do a formal registry for the meet or is it just enough if I write it's me, my friend and potentially a headphone joining in? =)

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #1,019 of 1,381
ElectroMod,

I'll bet you a beer or glass of wine that my modified CD player sounds equally as good as your esoteric player at a fraction of the cost.  
beerchug.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
A really good source, either a Ayre/ Esoteric cd player or maybe the top USB Dac from Schiit. What i have read a heard from people i trust is these amps have people on both side of the camps some people like one and then other people like the other but when you say if you have to have one which one would you stick with they say LL, but of course this is only there interpretation and everyone is difference that is what is so good about this industry it's never straight forward?

Aug 3, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #1,020 of 1,381
Quote:
ElectroMod,

I'll bet you a beer or glass of wine that my modified CD player sounds equally as good as your esoteric player at a fraction of the cost.  
beerchug.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Are you still on your hols?
I will take that bet, just remember i did not say what players. There is a 40Kgs player from esoteric loads of cash as well...what do you drink just to make sure i have it on me to show you what you have missed out on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back