1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.

First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last
  1. TheAttorney
    Quote:

That will be my BHSE then [​IMG].
    It's been at the "nearly ready to ship stage" for some time now. Latest estimate is that it will ship in about 1 week's time.
    And a BHSE week always seems to be longer than a normal week, but it should still arrive in time for the meet.

2. OK-Guy
  3. shadesbass
  4. OK-Guy
    that was a put-off by a Head-Fi'er... next page Heir Audio dismiss this as pure bunk.

the Competition is open to all Worldwide

5. shadesbass
    OK, I just read the competition rules.

Back on topic...
    I've just acquired a pair of Studiospares M1000 headphones that look the same as the Fischer Audio FA003 and other variants. I'll bring these along to the meet and hopefully someone else will have a pair of FA003's to compare with.

6. Stormfriend
    Quote:

Not according to the rules, as far as I can see, but I entered anyway as it's worth a shot.  They're a nice looking set of phones.

7. julianbell92
    That's great to hear, I nearly bought a pair thinking they were identical (but half the price!) so it would be good to have a listen and, like you say, compare to the FA003 if anyone has them.
    Quote:

8. julianbell92
    Also, I'm off to demo the Teac UD-H01 USB Dac and Amp combo, which I've heard positive things about (compares favourably to the DacMagic Plus) in a bit. I will post later if I go ahead and buy it and ask Andy to add it to the meet list. For anyone else like me looking for a bargain all-in-one desktop rig, which can handle any 24 bit stuff too, it's usually priced at £300, but Richer Sounds have it for £150 at the moment, with their optional 5 year warranty only £15 extra (refundable at the end of the 5 year period if you never claim).

9. shadesbass
    Quote:

I'd definitely be interested to hear what you think of the Teac. At that price it sounds like a bargain, especially with the 5 year warranty.
    The meet gear list is getting (potentially) better and better!

10. zenpunk
    So how many people are bringing CD players? or is everybody using laptops as a sources? I could bring a cheap Sony DVD player if some people plan to bring CDs.

11. julianbell92
    I'm bringing a 1990s Sony Discman D-11, which sounds great, has a Line-Out as well as headphone socket and either battery or mains power if people want to try out various amps around the room using the same source.
    Quote:

12. alvin sawdust
    Quote:
    Have you had a chance to listen to it Andy? 

13. tracylynn MkII
    Will a portable CD player ever sound as good as FLACs off a laptop or is it just being brought along for portability reasons?

14. alvin sawdust
    Quote:
    Can't imagine it will.

15. Sceptre
    Quote:
    Wont' that give me ringing in my ears?
    Sceptre

First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next