1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.

First

Back
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Next

Last
  1. Somnambulist
    Yeah they gave me the opportunity to hear the generic fit Miracles, amongst other things.

P.S. Mr Kabelmeister, might have to talk to you at the meet about some replacement cables for my MG6pros (which are delayed due to my ears needing to be thoroughly cleaned out before impressions can be taken, doh!). :D

2. Toxic Cables
    Quote:
    Unfortunately, i will most likely not be attending, i have a family holiday booked at that time, i will be sending over cables you could try with them.

3. Somnambulist
    Shucks, I'll be sure to give them a listen - hopefully have my customs by then as well as the DX100 to listen with.

4. smial1966
  5. alvin sawdust
    Jeepers Andy, what a raffle it's going to be. Might need G4S to do the security.............. er on second thoughts.

6. Holowlegs
    Quote:
    Or maybe send the army in[​IMG]

7. smial1966
    Guys,

I will definitely update the meet equipment list tomorrow as this is long overdue. After the update if your gear isn't listed please PM me and I'll rectify the omission.

Cheers,

Andy. 

8. shadesbass
    I'll be hoping to come along.
    I can bring my Beyerdynamic DT990 and modded Denon D2000 (dynamat + recabled with Van den Hul The Intergration Hybrid starquad) headphones, my Meier Corda Swing amp, iRiver H120 and maybe a few other bits.

9. OK-Guy
    Hi Andy... AiAiAi Capital headphones arrived today, very snazzy indeedy, the grey colour is pretty classy... I shall have a good listen to them over the weekend... thanks a bundle.

I have sent out emails this afternoon with what we discussed, I shall pm you when I have replies.... have a great weekend

10. smial1966
    Guys,

I'll be overseas for a couple of weeks from this Saturday and will only be updating this thread intermittently during this period. 

Please keep posting messages as the thread hit count gives me leverage with audio manufacturers, as hits mean more raffle prizes quite literally!

To tantalize you before I depart... I'm in discussion with a Polish company for them to ship a granite encased tube amplifier that drives ANY headphone with ease, also a boutique South Korean manufacturer are keen to send a very highly regarded amplifier with a headphone output, plus an Australian guy makes cotton sleeved USB cables and off grid battery packs for DACs that have been eulogized about on forums.

So plenty to look forward to when I return!

Cheers,

Andy.

11. alvin sawdust
    Missing you already [​IMG]

12. smial1966
    Thanks alvin sawdust!  [​IMG]

Before I depart here's an incentive for you guys to keep posting thread messages...

Competition time

This competition is simple, whoever posts thread message 1000 will win a pair of headphones, DAC and portable amplifier from my personal collection. Though the gear is used it's all in great condition and will be worth a few hundred quid. 

Rules

Entrants must have posted 3 thread messages before today. Previous headphone winners are not eligible to enter. Entrants must not post consecutive messages or just plain dribble - please try to keep messages interesting and relevant.

GOOD LUCK!

Andy. 

Quote:

13. Swimsonny
    Good luck everyone!

14. Toxic Cables
    I'm going to wait till 4am when the rest of you are asleep, and post the next 71 messages myself. [​IMG]

D'oh, i never read the rules, [​IMG]

15. SpudHarris Contributor
    Hehe, post # 930.

I know its not relevant but I'm on holiday and just found out that I could use the wifes iphone as a personal hotspot for my laptop (sad, we couldn't aford a Villa with Wifi). We've been out for a meal and a few jars so here I am catching up with my Head-fi buddies. Technoloy is a wonderful thing!!

First

Back
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Next

Last